Where to get an affordable iPhone 5 (most likely used)?

KajGuy

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys! So, I'm going to go to T-Mobile and get an AT&T iPhone to work with the service. I REALLY like the iPhone 5, but they are freaky expensive when bought on the Apple site and eBay. I have absolutely no problem with it being used/refurbished. I'm wondering where I can find one that isn't +$600. I was looking on Craigslist, but there are barely any iPhone 4Ss, not to mention 5s. I would be okay with the iPhone 4 or 4S, but the iPhone 5 really attracts me. I'd be fine with any amount of storage, as long as it's AT&T.

Any ideas where I could find something like this?

Thanks!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
What is your budget? You're probably not going to find one under $600 because they are still running at premium prices...used but locked are still easily $550-$650, used and unlocked are still over $700.

Craigslist is going to be the absolute rock bottom pricing for you, but looking at Atlanta's listings, you're probably just going to have to save a bit more, because there were no cheap iPhone 5's within 100 miles of Atlanta, which has a fairly saturated market of used iPhone's.

waitojasi

Banned
Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Vancouver craigslist has ton of these low priced ones.
1a3.jpg

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Either you were desperate for money or you're full of crap. And given the odd grammar of your post and the one directly below it, I'm going to lean towards the latter.

Seeing how the one below his post was written by a now banned user, I?d have to agree, eh.

kennethkilo

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Excuse you Sean. Don't make assumptions of how I'm full of crap. I don't know who the person below me was, but go check the Vancouver craigslist yourself. I sold my iPhone 5 for 530$ because if I priced it at 550$ no one would buy it. I had to cut the price by 20$ to get rid of it that week.

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I will say in Indianapolis Craigslist posting the iPhone 5 have been going from 500-550.

Heck I bought a 32 gig iPhone 5 for 550. That is the one I'm using now, it is mint.

It really depends on your area and the luck of the draw. I would not pay over 575 right now for an iPhone 5

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Excuse you Sean. Don't make assumptions of how I'm full of crap. I don't know who the person below me was, but go check the Vancouver craigslist yourself. I sold my iPhone 5 for 530$ because if I priced it at 550$ no one would buy it. I had to cut the price by 20$ to get rid of it that week.

Apologies for the connection to you and the guy below you, it just seemed odd, but now that they're banned, they were probably just a spammer.

That said, if you sold a 32GB iPhone 5 for $530...do you have anything else you want to sell? LMAO!

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Craigslist. People on Craigslist post at their own discretion and sometimes don't exactly know what their doing (in a sense). For example, my first iPhone 5 I bought at retail price on release for $786, two days later during the sold out period in my area I sold it for $800 (probably could have gotten more) and I bought a 4S 32 (because I had a 4 before) for $250 and used the rest for getting ahead on bills and such. About 2 months later I started missing my iPhone 5 indefinitely, so I went and posted a wanted add on Craigslist, a trade of my 4S for a 5 black 32. Someone contacted me and traded me their iPhone 5 32 for my 4S 32 and $50. It was a steal, and I couldn't have been happier.

The moral of the story: check Craigslist and use haggling to your advantage.

Last edited:

KajGuy

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all your responses, guys!

I've been checking Minneapolis Craigslist and there are NO iPhone 5s. The only iPhone 4S are like $300. There are a bunch of iPhone 4s, and they're only $180-$200. I might just settle with a 4 since a 4S and especially a 5 seem really hard to get. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
maybe check in the marketplace on sites like these or others such as phandroid, androidcentral, etc, they seem to have a few iphones every now and then. You may even be able to get a steal in the marketplace.

KajGuy

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
maybe check in the marketplace on sites like these or others such as phandroid, androidcentral, etc, they seem to have a few iphones every now and then. You may even be able to get a steal in the marketplace.

When I checked out the iMore store, I only saw accessories. Do they sell iPhones at all?

YorkieRay

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to ask this question, why is the iPhone 5 so expensive?
Steve Jobs once called the iPod Touch, "the iPhone without a contract". I guess that this was because the iPod Touch and iPhone share many similar specs and features. The iPhone 5 has GPS, a better camera and can make calls. The screen is usually the most expensive part and the screen is identical on the current iPhone 5 and iPod Touch models.
The iPod Touch 64GB costs US$399, an iPhone 5 64GB costs US$849. We know that we can eliminate the most expensive part, the screen, so what else do you get for that extra $450 for the iPhone and why is it worth it?
Also, don't start saying that the 2 devices are very different, Steve Jobs didn't seem to think so.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to ask this question, why is the iPhone 5 so expensive?
Steve Jobs once called the iPod Touch, "the iPhone without a contract". I guess that this was because the iPod Touch and iPhone share many similar specs and features. The iPhone 5 has GPS, a better camera and can make calls. The screen is usually the most expensive part and the screen is identical on the current iPhone 5 and iPod Touch models.
The iPod Touch 64GB costs US$399, an iPhone 5 64GB costs US$849. We know that we can eliminate the most expensive part, the screen, so what else do you get for that extra $450 for the iPhone and why is it worth it?
Also, don't start saying that the 2 devices are very different, Steve Jobs didn't seem to think so.

You're trying to make an argument for your stance by grossly generalizing the differences between the iPhone and iPod Touch...the iPhone 5 isn't just a "better camera, GPS and phone", not by a long shot...the biggest difference falls in the fact that it has an internal ability to send and receive data, something the iPod Touch obviously does not. The ability to walk around and go on the internet (amongst the other thousands of things you can do with mobile data) makes it a WORLD different than the iPod Touch...and that's just one feature that I'm referencing, the other stuff is just frosting on the cake.

So Steve Jobs made the comment...big deal. He was trying to market the iPod Touch, he wanted people to buy it, and he needed a way to make it seem as close to the iPhone as possible (and it worked). He was a genius at marketing his products, especially since there are probably millions of people who own both an iPod Touch AND an iPhone.

Lastly...trying to justify worth and value between two people is just silly. My idea of value and worth could be a universe away from your own, so when i tell you the iPhone is worth MORE than what they charge for it, you might scoff and laugh and tell me I'm wrong...but who are you to address that? Value and worth are in the eye of the beholder.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro