Any device to connect USB External HDD / SD Card to your iPhone 5?

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
No, because your USB hard drive won't be connected to a network on a plane, and if you leave it at home, connected to your network, you won't be able to connect to it while on an airplane.

I must have misunderstood the product description, it say "It creates its own Wi-Fi network, so you can access all your content on-the-go without using wires, Internet hotspots or your data plan". This leads me to believe it does not need to be connected to a network to work as a external drive, that it provides it's own. It states "- You have to connect the RP-WD01 with your existing Wi-Fi router to have internet service. Otherwise and you can only read and transfer the data on your SD Card or USB External HDD" meaning you could stream movies and transfer files from it without internet or existing (home) wifi network as long as you have the device and external hard drive with you.

Last edited:

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
My bad.

I'm sure you can find something similar though.

No problem, thanks for reply.
To OP sorry for hijacking your thread.

I've been searching for a similar device but can't find one. I emailed the company that was selling it on eBay and they don't ship to Canada. I'm just waiting for a reply from the manufacturer.

Just received this email from manufacturer, not sure if I'll bite, Based on the English it doesn't sound like it's being sent from the US.

Thanks for your email.

We are very glad that you are interested in our Wifi Disk,indeed,this product cann't find on amazon.ca.Because we don't sell it at Canada market at present.But if you want it,we can sell it at ebay.com,and creat a listing on ebay that set a international shipping fee.But the shipping fee may be a littile expensive.Do you still want to buy it?

Looking forward to your re

Update:
I emailed them several times and they change their listing on Ebay so it could ship to Canada, shipping was only $6 so I ordered one. I'll let you know how it works when it arrives.

Last edited:

Lianas277

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I don't know anything about phones, etc. I just need a device that will allow me to transfer pictures from my SD memory card to my iPhone 4S so I can save them online on something like snapfish or drop box. Will this allow me to do that?

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Hi, I don't know anything about phones, etc. I just need a device that will allow me to transfer pictures from my SD memory card to my iPhone 4S so I can save them online on something like snapfish or drop box. Will this allow me to do that?

You don't have a computer? If not, it might just be simpler to go to FedEx Office.

lauraeaton77

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I am shopping for a wireless router/power bank but there are so many options that I am overwhelmed!

My devices are an iPad mini 2 and iPhone 5, and a WD passport HHD. Most importantly, I would like to be able to move photos and videos from the iPad and iPhone to the passport, and also to either standard SD card or micro SD card. I would like to transfer files (specifically movies and music, but maybe other files as well?) from my HHD to both my iPad and iPhone. My WD passport doesn't have a power source so it is important that whatever router I buy is capable of powering the hard drive. I don't intend to rely on the router for charging my devices and I can't imagine that it would be necessary to get a full charge but it would be nice to have the ability to charge either device from, for example, 5% to 30% or so...

I was looking at the RAVPower SD Card Reader, Wireless Bridge, USB Port, 3000mAh External Battery Pack Travel Charger but it seems that the compatibility with Apple products may be somewhat limited so I am just wondering if anyone knows more about this, or can recommend a good device to use.

Thanks!!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner