All Notes are erased on my iPhone 5

Alexan81

Banned
Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
All Notes are erased on my iPhone 5

I had several notes (in yellow notes application) which are now completely erased, out of the blue.

I want to know why this happened and if there is a way to recover this.

By the way I restarted my phone by holding down the home page key and screen lock key (on top) simultaneously.

Does this have anything to do with my notes disappearing?

Alexan81

Banned
Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I turned the sync back on and it asked me for an @icloud email address

After i created it, the last note i wrote (as a test) on my phone, now was there in my computer too but all previous notes were gone

03_CTD

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a Yahoo account on your phone set to sync notes? I had all the notes disappear off my phone as well at one point. Yahoo quit syncing with my phone for some reason and took my notes with it. They were in my mail account but, I had to email them back to myself and copy and paste back into notes since I could not find a way to sync with my phone again.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I turned the sync back on and it asked me for an @icloud email address

After i created it, the last note i wrote (as a test) on my phone, now was there in my computer too but all previous notes were gone

Log into your iCloud account (iCloud.com) and see if there are any Notes there...

peropett

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
now was there in my computer too but all previous notes were gone
1a3.jpg

iheoma1123

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I have has the same problem. My friends and I, 2 to be exact, that also have iPhones, figured it out. For whatever reason, notes I saved on my phone would also save to my friends phone. She would see these "mysterious" notes in her phone, then delete them thinking it was just weird. In turn, it also deleted from my phone. When I went to retrieve them, they "disappeared". Also, I saw mysterious notes in my phone, deleted them, and it happened to belong to a different friend. And it deleted from his phone. This may be happening to you. I haven't had a chance to call my service provider or go to the apple store to figure out why it's doing this.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have has the same problem. My friends and I, 2 to be exact, that also have iPhones, figured it out. For whatever reason, notes I saved on my phone would also save to my friends phone. She would see these "mysterious" notes in her phone, then delete them thinking it was just weird. In turn, it also deleted from my phone. When I went to retrieve them, they "disappeared". Also, I saw mysterious notes in my phone, deleted them, and it happened to belong to a different friend. And it deleted from his phone. This may be happening to you. I haven't had a chance to call my service provider or go to the apple store to figure out why it's doing this.

The only way that could happen is if you and your friends shared the same Apple ID especially in regard to iCloud.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Look in your email Notes folder. If you don't see a Notes folder. Then go to Settings >Mail,Contacts and Calendar > email address > turn OFF Notes. Then go to the email Notes folder. Afterwards, be sure no email account is enabled in the Notes app. Only iCloud should be on for notes.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2