Songs transferred to phone w/o iTunes

jaybird28

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
If you can believe this my company won't allow iTunes on my laptop. How in the heck am I supposed to get my extensive CD collection on to my iPhone 5 without a computer

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
If you can believe this my company won't allow iTunes on my laptop. How in the heck am I supposed to get my extensive CD collection on to my iPhone 5 without a computer

Get your own computer and stop using your company provided computer for personal stuff. At my company, it’s grounds for termination... it’s unauthorized use of corporate resources.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site

Sync with your personal computer. A lot of companies don't allow iTunes to be installed.

peropett

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
A lot of companies don't allow iTunes to be installed.
1a3.jpg

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious about why the wouldn't allow iTunes. What is the explanation?

The primary reason is that it’s their computer and they said so.

Corporate IT Systems folks have to manage many aspects of "personal computing" and deal with all of the intricacies of managing corporate data security and maintaining fully functioning, often proprietary software configurations to manage that corporate data securely. Anytime you start introducing "consumer" level software into that mix, you can also introduce problems - stuff that programmers sometimes do to take advantage of exploits and other less-than-best practices... and those shortcuts and other issues can easily cause problems for corporate environments. Lots of stuff can go wrong, and when it’s corporate data involved, butts get chewed and heads roll... so most corporations take the approach to lock down the system and simply don’t allow "personal" software on corporate computers.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Many companies don't allow you to install anything at all on their computers. Some specifically don't allow things like iTunes because they don't want you sitting at your desk listening to music when you should be working.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Man it really bothers me when you come here to get some help and you get stupid and irrelevant answers. A guy asked you a simple question, you don't know what his life circumstances are and why he doesn't have his own laptop, frankly it's none of your business. If you can't help don't reply, it's as simple as that!

Here you go:

Free iTunes alternative - Manage iPod iPhone without iTunes

Chances are, if a company does not allow iTunes on company machines, they're not going to allow this "solution" either... so you're just as guilty of providing "no help" as the people you're complaining about. Pot, meet kettle... smh...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Man it really bothers me when you come here to get some help and you get stupid and irrelevant answers. A guy asked you a simple question, you don't know what his life circumstances are and why he doesn't have his own laptop, frankly it's none of your business. If you can't help don't reply, it's as simple as that!

Here you go:

Free iTunes alternative - Manage iPod iPhone without iTunes

Whether or not he has his own computer (he didn't state that fact - but the fact that he asked about his work computer would tend to indicate that the didn't)... he did start his post with "If you can believe it...". The responses were "YES, we CAN believe it"...

But thanks for riding in on a white horse to try to save the day...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

aubreyq

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I can't believe that someone is actually surprised that he can't use a company computer as if it was his personal computer. Entitlement generation, anyone? :p

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234