Photos default to "zoom" view on iP5?!?!?

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Just upgraded to iP5 from 4S and like it a lot. When viewing my photos, they all default to a "zoomed" view that appears designed to fill up the 16:9 screen rather than their native 2:3 or 3:4. As a result, I have to "pinch" every single photo down to size in order to see the entire picture instead of the default zoomed in view which effectively cuts off the sides of all pics in portrait orientation and top/bottom of pics in landscape orientation. I have never heard of photos shot in 16:9 so I'm sure what they were thinking here but it's annoying. I see no options under Settings for Photos to make any adjustment to this default. Is there a way to avoid this and see the full pic by default rather than having to "pinch" down every single picture I view?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Odd, mine doesn't do that. Are these pics taken on other devices or on the iPhone 5?
One thing I have noticed is that certain apps will save photos the way you describe—I had one app that always resulted in photos I had to pinch down, even though my other, regular, photos were fine.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't get this with pics I take with the camera, but certain pics I save from sites like TheChive, old screenshots taken on the 4S, picts texted (sp) to me, certain pics on facebook, etc extend beyond the screen dimensions and need pinched to fit.
I have no clue why but hopefully someone can shed light on it.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
That's very odd...my photo's are the opposite, having to zoom into them to view them in full screen. After looking through the photo/camera options, i don't see any settings on the iPhone itself.

Are you, by chance, using another app besides the native camera app to take pictures?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711