what does this mean: Androids offer better customization ? I mean what type of

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Let me say this before Alli comes along. Readers don't turn this thread into an Android vs. Apple\iOS thread. Just saying.

Android simply has more options to place icons and the likes ANYWHERE on screens, themes and the likes. Simply put.

Last edited:

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Addition of widgets like a weather/clock widget on your home screen. The ability to change the icons if you want, use different launchers than stock such as Nova or GO Launcher.

Trust me there is a ton of customization options on Android which dwarf the capabilities of iOS but take it from someone who started with iOS then went to Android and came back most of the customization gets boring after awhile.

Beamed from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

korp

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Basically an Android is more tweak friendly, unlike an iPhone where you are still confined to certain limitations...an icon vs the ability to see real time data on the screen is an example.

Sent from my iDevice using Tapatalk

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
customization .

I use iPhone 5 by the way and haven't noticed a need for customication.

Enlighten me on this

Only way is for you to try android and experience this for yourself. I own both iPhone 5 and nexus 4 which both have +'s and -'s.

One thing I I really like is I don't need to rely on iTunes to add items to my phone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The biggest difference is that in general terms, the android OS allows for the type of personalization (themes, notifications, widgets and icon placement tweaks) that is available to iOS only after jailbreaking the device.

cckgz4

May 11, 2011
Visit site
All of the above. For me, while all that stuff was neat for a moment, in the end I want a great performing phone to do everyday things.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Android based phones have more customization options in native form...that is what they are referring to. Once an iPhone is jailbroken, the customization argument because moot.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
customization .

I use iPhone 5 by the way and haven't noticed a need for customication.

Enlighten me on this

I've been using a Galaxy Nexus as my daily driver since July. I just got an iPhone 5 this weekend and am back.

To me customization is really the one difference between Android and the iOS If you pick up stock Android Nexus and an iPhone IMHO it's the same thing; rows of apps on the screen. Android does have a secondary UI layer in the "app drawer" but that's moot for me, as it seems redundant to have icons in 2 spots. But for customization on the iPhone the only thing you really get to customize is the layout of your app icons, sounds, and accounts. On Android you can customize just about down the single pixel if you really want. You can load up a new keyboard instead of the stock keyboard. You can load new launchers with different transition effects. Move the search bar on the screen; add a new one. Literally just about every "thing" can be customized or changed. The benefit of this customization is what should be debated. Not what is "better" because to me, neither is better; they both are what they are. You can decide which one you like better, no one should hold it against you.

ForgWorm

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Widgets... Themes.. And much more. Just try youtubing Android, and you'll know what they mean my customization on android.

Alexan81

Banned
Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
One really good plus is your not tied to iTunes for everything.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I agree

Itunes sucks and the whole dynamics of putting files into itunes and then tranferring them to phone and the way syncing work is such a pain in the butt.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh