What does iOS 6 and iCloud cache? Why does it save information after reset?

Phisabeast

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I did a hard reset on my iPhone 5. I restored and setup as new. But some stuff from my old phone are still there, such as my keyboard shortcuts, my stocks, my sports app remembers my favorite teams etc.
note: I deleted all prior iCloud backups
Does anybody know why this happens?

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Do you have any other iOS devices you were signed into? Some things use iCloud Sync, which would explain how the keyboard shortcuts and some app data came back. Keyboard shortcuts natively sync between iDevices you are signed into, and so do a few other apps.

Phisabeast

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
The sports app is sportacular by yahoo, stocks is the one that comes with the phone. But I also play subway surfers, and it didn't save my game data

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Do you have any other iOS devices you were signed into? Some things use iCloud Sync, which would explain how the keyboard shortcuts and some app data came back. Keyboard shortcuts natively sync between iDevices you are signed into, and so do a few other apps.

This...depending on the devices you had sync'ed together, there is a very high likelihood your iPhone will pull preferences from other areas, and you also have some app data saved on servers and in game center, so those may have also contributed to the situation (if the apps you were referring to were games...im sure non-game apps do the same thing at times too).

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The sports app is sportacular by yahoo, stocks is the one that comes with the phone. But I also play subway surfers, and it didn't save my game data

Yahoo's sports app saves it's own information on the Yahoo servers (just like the fantasy football app does), so when you sign into it, it'll be on there. The game is most likely the same situation (or like mentioned, perhaps in "Game Center").

Given you don't have any other iOS devices to pull preferences from, I'm not sure why phone specific stuff would still be there.

Phisabeast

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
A- I was not signed into yahoo sportacular. There isn't even an option to sign on
B- the game did not pull information from Game Center, I had to start from the beginning
C- why does stocks and keyboard shortcuts come back every time I restore and log into apple ID?

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
They're probably saved to apple's servers and automatically download when you log in. Just a guess mind you.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2