i like my iPhone 5. how does it compare with samsung galaxy 34 ? which one is better and why ?

mc511

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I had a galaxy s2 skyrocket and I did love it but damn touch wiz which is samsungs custom skin, just sucks. Sure some like it but it has to go even on the s3. I do like android customization and android has many pluses. I liked it a lot. I went back to the iPhone 5 because I like the os a bit better. More stable and just faster. It's smaller but that doesn't mean much to me at all. I think my Samsung got better lte reception though. I also prefer apples email app over anything android has.

Anyway you can't go wrong with both.

anon(4054009)

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
The s3 radio is weak and the battery life is the pits . I came over to the iPhone 5 and all I can say is it works like u expect it too. I think u would be happy with it
I had a Verizon Iphone 5 then switched to a S3. I'm done with Android, maybe I'm just paranoid but the latest update to Google search creeps me out! The new permissions are the app can take pictures, video, record sound at anytime WITHOUT your knowledge or permission. Screw that, now do any of the apps in IOS have this privacy intrusion?

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone 5 is a dumb phone masquerading as a smartphone when compared to Jelly Bean phones. There is a reason my 78 year-old father can use a iPhone.... any one remember Microsoft BOB?

You are right, but at least it can navigate from my CONTACTS when I give it such a verbal command. This is something that your fancy Note 2 cannot do. If it can, then you would have indicated so in the other closed thread when I asked you to weigh in on the subject. So you are right, the iphone is a dumb phone, but it is still does a BASIC function that YOUR phone cannot do.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
You are right, but at least it can navigate from my CONTACTS when I give it such a verbal command. This is something that your fancy Note 2 cannot do. If it can, then you would have indicated so in the other closed thread when I asked you to weigh in on the subject. So you are right, the iphone is a dumb phone, but it is still does a BASIC function that YOUR phone cannot do.

Android can navigate from contacts.

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Android can navigate from contacts.

Not ALL of them can. I know for sure that MY S3 does not. My brother's Atrix 2 running ICS does not. The Razor MAXX HD that I tested at the Verizon store did not. KiloFox's Note 2 does not. I am talking about your contacts on the phone. Basically say "Navigate to John Smith" and the Navigation should take you there. It does so in ALL iphone 5s and 4Ss, but in Android it is hit and miss. It depends on the skin used, etc...

MrszBerry

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I had a Verizon Iphone 5 then switched to a S3. I'm done with Android, maybe I'm just paranoid but the latest update to Google search creeps me out! The new permissions are the app can take pictures, video, record sound at anytime WITHOUT your knowledge or permission. Screw that, now do any of the apps in IOS have this privacy intrusion?

Wow. I did not know this. I went from Verizon gs3 to iPhone 5 Glad I did after reading this. Too many privacy issues on android :(

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Not ALL of them can. I know for sure that MY S3 does not. My brother's Atrix 2 running ICS does not. The Razor MAXX HD that I tested at the Verizon store did not. KiloFox's Note 2 does not. I am talking about your contacts on the phone. Basically say "Navigate to John Smith" and the Navigation should take you there. It does so in ALL iphone 5s and 4Ss, but in Android it is hit and miss. It depends on the skin used, etc...

I had an S3 and a Razr Maxx HD, and both of them would absolutely navigate from the contacts. My contacts were my Google contacts.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

I don't think that is the case. You must have misunderstood the permissions.

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I had an S3 and a Razr Maxx HD, and both of them would absolutely navigate from the contacts. My contacts were my Google contacts.
Well mine does not. My phone contacts are also my google contacts. I tried every possible trick to get this to work but it did not. I created a thread on AC and asked and got the same inconsistent answer: on some S3 units it would work but on others it would not.

Sent from my iPhone 7

anon(4054009)

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't think that is the case. You must have misunderstood the permissions.
Are you serious? Call somebody wrong without checking it out yourself?
Sorry but your wrong, I can read, from the Play Store for Google search App:
HARDWARE CONTROLS
TAKE PICTURES AND VIDEOS
Allows the app to take pictures and videos with the camera. This permission allows the app to use the camera at any time without your confirmation.

The permission that displayed on the S3 also included using the microphone to record ay any time and without your knowledge.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Are you serious? Call somebody wrong without checking it out yourself?
Sorry but your wrong, I can read, from the Play Store for Google search App:
HARDWARE CONTROLS
TAKE PICTURES AND VIDEOS
Allows the app to take pictures and videos with the camera. This permission allows the app to use the camera at any time without your confirmation.

The permission that displayed on the S3 also included using the microphone to record ay any time and without your knowledge.

This is correct. Checked it out myself. And I know it's a little concerning that they have that ability, don't know why they need it. But I doubt Google is going to turn your phone on and take pictures of your house while you're sleeping. But who knows, maybe they will...

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
It's probably going to be the same with iOS - apps that take photos of people trying to get into your phone and automatically emailing it to you so that you have a record.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73