Change Carrier Without Jailbreak - Issue

anon(3733516)

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

Last night I changed my carrier icon via the sans-jailbreak tool, but a few hours after that, while texting a friend, my iPhone started to freeze up and lose signal. It was so bad to the point that I tried to reboot the device and it didn't want to boot back up. I put it in DFU mode to try to restore it to the backup I had created just before I tried the tweak (as I always do for instances like this), but while it was downloading the iOS update (it does that for me for some reason when I want to restore, but that's for a different thread), I tried to reboot it again and it came back up with the carrier back to saying "Verizon" and I was without issues since.

Just wanted to share!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't know, I saw the original tutorial and remember thinking that it seemed a little too involved to be perfectly safe...
I figured that there were bound to be issues with it! Then I saw what you said and was like
I knew it!
But this other guy says its fine! So now I'm torn!
But in still not going to do it!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Definitely overkill for me to make such a simple change...but for those interested, I have read that you need to make sure you're using the correct size icon on any replacement! Obviously I don't know that this was the issue here, but it's something to be aware of if you're going to do this.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I just want to say thanks for posting this--I am now back to my good ol' Zeppelin logo, though I still want my jailbreak.

(Also yay Abstergo logo!)

kevinocarro

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up friend
1a3.jpg

tsky74

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I've changed my carrier logo and not problems (fingers crossed). As for the size, keep it smaller than 40x40 pixels. Here's my logo in the upper left.
image.jpg

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
hi alli,im trying to unjail break my iphone 4s, how do i do it, is there a site i can refer to

To unjailbreak, simply restore through iTunes. This WILL update you to the latest iOS 6.0.1, and there is no going back or downgrade after this. You may also want to set up as new.

As for the topic of the thread I have yet to have any issues. Yay logo!

jamu3ysu.jpg