Sometimes delayed SMS

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes when I send SMS it goes quick and sometime it's lags. Was wondering if anyone has this problem? Not sure if its a carrier or OS problem.

via Tapatalk

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I would attribute this to your connection. If the application is connecting to a poor signal this can delay the execution of sending the message.

I have this happen periodically. Particularly if I fall to an edge/1x connection or weak 3G.

Tunnelrunner

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
Whoops, my bad. Misread the first post and was replying about a different topic. I blame the cold medicine. ;)

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
99.999999999% of the time this happens, it's the network...given you're talking about regular SMS messages and not iMessage, I'd move that over to the 100% side of the network faults.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Seem like I didn't have this problem on the 4s.

via Tapatalk

It very well could be your iPhone...i think the overall point here is to say that this isn't a common or "known" problem with the hardware, so your carrier network may yield the best direction in which to point a finger if that is your goal.

As far as a fix, it's kind of hard to give you one really because again, this isn't something common enough to the iPhone 5 to have a place to direct you for a solution to it. You asked if this seemed to be a carrier or an OS problem, and the truth is, it's most likely not an OS problem since you don't have a large amount of people complaining of the same issue (as you would with any OS problem).