Don't expect iPhone 6 this year.

keneo

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
There is no question that the next iPhone will be the 5S and not the 6. The reason is because Apple wants to regain their huge profit margin amid investor worries of them shrinking. an iPhone 6 implies a new form factor. And that requires a revamped manufacturing process resulting in declining margins. Apple prefers to reuse the current form factor in order to spread the cost over a longer period. This is what they have done since the start. And it's effective. So don't bet on them changing the pattern.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I agree every model since the 3G has had two iterations before changing the form factor.

Beamed from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

anon(3733516)

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
No question. Just how they're doing things now. Which I don't mind! I think it's nice that you can skip a generation and be eligible for an upgrade when the totally new version comes out :)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
There is no question that the next iPhone will be the 5S and not the 6. The reason is because Apple wants to regain their huge profit margin amid investor worries of them shrinking. an iPhone 6 implies a new form factor. And that requires a revamped manufacturing process resulting in declining margins. Apple prefers to reuse the current form factor in order to spread the cost over a longer period. This is what they have done since the start. And it's effective. So don't bet on them changing the pattern.

There's a whole lot of certainty in your post...lol.

It's all a guessing game right now. 5S? 6? Type R? Extreme Ultra Super Version? "The New iPhone"?

Those who know arn't saying and those that are saying don't know.

DJLILM

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
If they was smart they would just skip the 5s and move to the 6.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Those who know arn't saying and those that are saying don't know.

drop-mic.gif

TomJasper

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
So in other words another iphone with no innovation, that seems par for the course for Apple. Good thing Blackberry 10 is coming soon, some real innovation for a change.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox