Don't expect iPhone 6 this year.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I mean, a BB10 phone would be nice if you don't mind purchasing a "new" and "innovative" phone from a company that will most likely fold before the end of 2013......

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I mean, a BB10 phone would be nice if you don't mind purchasing a "new" and "innovative" phone from a company that will most likely fold before the end of 2013......

Not to mention nearly walking away from this "ground breaking" BB10 OS in the middle of development to switch to an Android based OS.

Retconaddict

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to say - what a ridiculous overreaction from you all over one users suggestion of another phone. Surprised its coming from you as well Sean, considering you were the one in another thread complaining about the hostility of android users.

Just because someone likes something you don't doesn't make them a troll.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to say - what a ridiculous overreaction from you all over one users suggestion of another phone. Surprised its coming from you as well Sean, considering you were the one in another thread complaining about the hostility of android users.

Just because someone likes something you don't doesn't make them a troll.

I don't care what other people like...if you prefer something i don't fantastic! Enjoy it!

I love the iPhone, but you won't find me clamoring on other forums trying to convince them how much i love it and how they should love it too and how their preference is inferior to my own...such an epic waste of time and energy. Here though, in our iPhone community, you bet your a*s I'm going to take shots from time to time...why not? I personally find it pretty entertaining most times to be honest. My comment about hostility had to do with android users coming to iPhone websites and starting their sh*t...it's the same with sports, I'm part of a Falcon's forum where we trash talk the other teams all the time...it's good fun, but we don't go trolling other websites with the same stuff. That's the difference.

Grow thicker skin if this kind of thing bothers you.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
this is not any justification but that member did not just simply suggest using another device. they had other troll posts around that time that were in fact deleted because they were clearly troll posts. that is what prompted my "harsh" post. was it uncalled for? more than likely

life goes on.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
And he suggests this as reading material....

How to Manipulate People For Fun (and Profit)

He is a textbook example of a troll, posting explicitly to get a reaction.

His posts at Crackberry are rabid RIM fanboy posts. He is currently on a campaign to "correct" tech bloggers and sites that say something he perceives as incorrect. And CONSTANTLY name dropping, in my impression to appear as if he is connected in some way.

One of the most self serving trolls I have seen recently. Trust me, this was not one instance. I expect to see him soon at Android Central. Except that I think he knows he would be decimated there as much as here.

Retconaddict

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't care what other people like...if you prefer something i don't fantastic! Enjoy it!

I love the iPhone, but you won't find me clamoring on other forums trying to convince them how much i love it and how they should love it too and how their preference is inferior to my own...such an epic waste of time and energy. Here though, in our iPhone community, you bet your a*s I'm going to take shots from time to time...why not? I personally find it pretty entertaining most times to be honest. My comment about hostility had to do with android users coming to iPhone websites and starting their sh*t...it's the same with sports, I'm part of a Falcon's forum where we trash talk the other teams all the time...it's good fun, but we don't go trolling other websites with the same stuff. That's the difference.

Grow thicker skin if this kind of thing bothers you.

All someone said was "skip the 5 and wait for BB10", with a smiley face I believe. How does that warrant shouts of "troll!" and insults? It's incredibly ironic you'd tell me to grow thicker skin when the mere mention of another phone causes you (and others) to overreact like that. All he offered there was a suggestion.

Retconaddict

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
And he suggests this as reading material....

How to Manipulate People For Fun (and Profit)

He is a textbook example of a troll, posting explicitly to get a reaction.

His posts at Crackberry are rabid RIM fanboy posts. He is currently on a campaign to "correct" tech bloggers and sites that say something he perceives as incorrect. And CONSTANTLY name dropping, in my impression to appear as if he is connected in some way.

One of the most self serving trolls I have seen recently. Trust me, this was not one instance. I expect to see him soon at Android Central. Except that I think he knows he would be decimated there as much as here.

My mistake, didn't realise he was a known troll. Although I really don't believe every person that responded nastily to him knew that, and those are the people that need to calm down.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
All someone said was "skip the 5 and wait for BB10", with a smiley face I believe. How does that warrant shouts of "troll!" and insults? It's incredibly ironic you'd tell me to grow thicker skin when the mere mention of another phone causes you (and others) to overreact like that. All he offered there was a suggestion.

I never called him a troll...though it was pretty clear he was. You keep referring to me overreacting at the "mere mention of another phone", and i can only deduce that maybe you're confusing my posts to someone else's posts, because i think i pretty clearly stated that i have zero problem with people who choose another product and prefer it, and I've personally even considered other products recently and looked into them, even discussing them on here pretty heavily (most recently, the Lumia 920). You continue to call my name out, and i guess I'm just trying to understand why you keep using my name but keep missing the point (and content) of my posts so badly.

And to take this even further (while pointless, since you seem to omit posts that don't support your rant), right above his post you referred to where he simply said what you quoted, he made a comment about how Apple products were not innovative, poising the statement that he was thankful that BB10 was coming because of such...that'd be like me walking into your house, me being a total stranger to you and your family, and stating how your choice of decor was completely drab and shouting to the group how thankful i was to have a more tasteful place to call home myself...and while i take this forum with the seriousness of a Will Ferrell movie, sometimes putting these trolls in their place provides just the right tone to set so that future trolls think about what they post before they do it...more often than not though, it's simply for entertainment value (as was those earlier posts).

Hopefully that offers some insight into the reasoning and the stance taken with the responses...if you still feel raw about it though, feel free to refer back to my earlier suggestion.

Have a fantastic day!

he-man-wink1-1.jpeg

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I can't for the life of me figure out why people come to forums about phone "A" and then cry when they get jumped on for saying phone "A" sucks, and phone "B" is better.

There is nothing wrong with having an opinion or preference that happens to differ from others, but don't take it personally if you take heat for it.

In the end this is just the "interwebz", and nobody should take anything personally. That and it's just a phone, FFS. Lol.

I have an iP5 (for now, I swap every few months), but I am not going to argue the fact that Android has come a long way and the new phones as well as JB are awesome. It's all a matter of preference. Yes, there are still bugs in Android, but iOS isn't perfect either.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods