Searching For Text Message Recipients Issue

BENNAudio

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I've been having the same problem as above. I feel it has something to do with unified contacts but I can be for sure. But it is very annoying now that I can't search for a text message string from a friend and now have to scroll through and find that person in the messages list to reread a text message chain.:mad:

rsiguien

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I am also experiencing this problem since last week. I didn't change any settings on my phone. It just suddenly happened. Hope this can be fixed soon :(

zvillemary

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I've been having the same issue for several weeks. On my iPhone 4s when I do a search from within messages for a name or for text it always pulls up one set of texts, but it isn't the one I'm looking for. For example, I'll type in "John" and it will bring back messages from Jessie. I suppose we may have mentioned John somewhere in the history of our texting, but the better reply would have been my texts WITH John.

If I scroll manually through my history, I can find my texts from John, but the search feature can no longer locate him.

I spent some time going through my history deleting a lot of texts, and restarted my phone, but the problem is persisting.

eileenalouise

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I've been having this problem for roughly a month... and the above spotlight search instructions also didn't work for me.

Has anyone found a solution to this yet? Or spoken to an Apple tech? I have too many texts on my phone to apathetically lose the ability to search for contacts in my Messages. This is frustrating.

rrdcdiaz

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
The exact same thing is happening to me, but it is all contacts, not just one. I tried what you did but no luck. It is so odd, the name will show up in a search string if it is in the text message content, but not when it it 'from' the person I am searching for. It is quite maddening.

crowdeda

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
same here.. had this prob w Iphone 4s.. switched to Iph5 6 months agoi and prob dissapeared, but now having same prob w iph5.. it will only search the text on the mssgs but not the senders nor receipients.. I see there is a lot of people on the same boat.. if anyone solves this pls let us know :)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Any solutions yet??? This is why I upgraded from a 4S to a 5. I haven't had the problem until now....

Maybe it's just not meant to search thread names but content only

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

rymac328

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I've been having this issue for months and hoped that upgrading to iOS 7 would fix it. I just upgraded about an hour ago and it still wasn't fixed. I found this thread and tried the spotlight search fix and that didn't work either. I checked a few minutes ago and typing in the names of contacts was actually working, but not for everyone in my contact list. Now it appears to be working for everyone. It seems like something I did forced it to re-index and fix the issue, I just don't know if it was iOS 7, disabling and re-enabling messages in spotlight search, or a combination of both.

Edi_G

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Solution: new message / to: write the contact that you want to search and voila: all history with that contact is there. Normal search will search only the content of the messages, my opinion is that Apple wants like this, is not an iOS8 problem.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2