Dont receive calls/ texts come in delayed or in odd order/ data issues

tfsmach1

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I have been having issues since day one with the iphone 5 back in September. I don't receive a good portion of my phone calls no matter how much reception I have( I live in a very densely populated Washington, DC suburb with many towers and 4g). My text messages also either don't come in, come in delayed, or in a different order than sent by the sender. I though that it may be a software, so i waited for the update. That did nothing at all for my issues. A few weeks ago I took the phone back to Apple (as directed by AT&T). They looked at my phone and were baffled by my issues (The phone also had issues disengaging from bluetooth, wouldn't end calls, froze constantly, etc.) It was obvious that it was a lemon.They brought out a new one and replaced without any hassle. I was very excited to have this put in the past. Almost all of the issues are still present. I have done everything that they have told me to. AT&T replaced the sim card thinking that it must be because of that, but still no solution. I am now at the upper level of AT&T technical support and they are working on a solution. Never have I ever had such issues with a phone ( I though my iphone 4 was glitchy,but this takes it to a new level). I love all of the features and applications that come with the Apple eco-system though and I really don't look forward to having to switch. In the end, without a fix, I will have to change networks and devices. I have missed many important work and family calls. The costs have become too high to keep it. Last ditch effort here. Any suggestions? Everyone at AT&T and Apple say that they have never heard of these issues.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Have you thought about changing services first to see if it is in fact just an AT&T network issue in your area? Obviously you're frustrated...who wouldn't be? None of us here are going to be able to really help you beyond what you've done for yourself so far, but honestly, I've also never heard of such a problem with ANY phone, much less an iPhone...and given the nature of your issue, i would almost assuredly look at the carrier as the problem vs. the phone itself (since you've replaced it and are having mirrored symptoms...it's just too improbable to be an issue with owning an iPhone 5 in your area).

The phone calls issue is what really gets me...when phone calls are not coming through in the circumstance you described, one can almost always deduce that the carrier is the issue.

tack

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I have had the issue with delayed texts and iMessages since day one. Had issues on my 4s also. I sometimes get iMessages hours after they are sent. I am on Verizon. It happens in wifi and network. My daughter has the same issue.

tfsmach1

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Thank you all for your feedback! Very helpful. I plan to switch from AT&T to Verizon next week if they can not come up with a viable resolution. FYI to anyone who lives around Bethesda/Rockville/Potomac MD, AT&T is really terrible here.