Update 6.0.2 didn't fix WiFi for me

dixie dregs

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I can see a considerable difference in mine, but it's still not as good as my 4S... I might suggest to reset your Network Connection.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Mine seems to be ok so far. I would have to resetting phone at least twice a week when trying to connect to my home wifi.

txa1265

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I never noticed issues on my 5 or the mini. What was the actual problem?

For some it would drop the connection frequently. It did that to me for a while. For others it basically stops working, or only works sporadically.

My issue was that the Mini was the *ONLY* device that wouldn't connect to my home Airport network, including 3 iPads, 2 iPod Touch, 1 Macbook Pro, a few PCs, Roku, XBOX, Wii, and a few Android phones and tablets.

So I worked with support and sent it in ... they say they 'couldn't duplicate' and sent it back (arrives tomorrow). Since then I got my iPhone 5 ... and it works great on my network. I really hope the Mini works for me now ...

jdcorbitt3

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed no improvement. My iPhone 5 and iPad mini lock up on the data in wifi. I have Verizon on the mini. The LTE is random wether it works or not. If find myself turning off the LTE. As I am posting this, it is on 3G and I am at home. My wifi works great on my Windows laptop.

John

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, my wifi looked like it cut off for a second or two every now and again, still does. I'm using an ip5. But the wifi strength is better now, the speed is a little faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

email4nickp

May 4, 2011
Visit site
The best way to test this problem is to stream a shared video through the video app. If the connection drops at all, it will tell you and you have to restart the app :( I find my 3gs drops the connection every 10 minutes whereas my 4 and 4s will hold it for about an hour (5.0.1). No problems with the ipad.

markmacbook

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
So I worked with support and sent it in ... they say they 'couldn't duplicate' and sent it back (arrives tomorrow). Since then I got my iPhone 5 ... and it works great on my network. I really hope the Mini works for me now ...

I had the same experience with support. I got it back yesterday and updated to 6.0.2 and it didn't improve. Today I chatted with Apple Support and the analyst was "sure" that it would be fine once I restored the iPad mini (again). Not so.

ipodfreek

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Before 6.0.2 mine would just drop all data activity, and I would have to toggle airplane mode off and on to get it back. Since 6.0.2, it hasn't happened again (knock on wood).

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I actually have more wifi problems than before, and I'm having either data or Twitter issues but I'm leaning toward data. I think 6.0.2 made more errors than anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

SockRolid

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Have never had any wi-fi issues with the iPad mini or iPhone 5.
(2008 Time Capsule, 2012 AirPort Express, no third-party wi-fi gear.)

Jdeezy85

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone getting worse wifi signal after the update? My wifi is cutting off now and switching to lte just going upstairs when before the update I had full signal.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh