Long Term International Use

skcseth

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello iMore! Long time Android user who just made the switch.
Anyway, I have a question about this Verizon iPhone 5 here. I will be PCS'ing (moving) to Italy on Tuesday actually, and I would love to take my iPhone with me. I just purchased it (subsidized, on contract) and I have heard rumors that all iPhone 5's are SIM unlocked, meaning they can be used on any carrier, anywhere. My question is, will I for sure be able to use this sleek little beast with a nano SIM on an Italian network like Vodaphone or TIM? Or should I just cancel my service now and look for a phone over there?

Thanks iMore people!!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Verizon will do a Military Suspend on a contract - you can call customer service, or visit a corporate retail store for full details... being that Vodafone is part owner of Verizon Wireless, you might be able to get some sort of preferred arrangement on your account while in Italy.

skcseth

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! Unfortunately after a quick search and it it looks Apple left European LTE bands "in the dust". So it'll just be 3G for me which is fine. There's always Wi-fi.... Or is that another issue entirely?

Verizon will do a Military Suspend on a contract - you can call customer service, or visit a corporate retail store for full details... being that Vodafone is part owner of Verizon Wireless, you might be able to get some sort of preferred arrangement on your account while in Italy.

Verizon has confirmed a three year suspension due to orders. I'll have to call Vodaphone soon to get something going. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2