Stock iPhone for a day challenge

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
lol

I'm taking my iPhone in today for a replacement. Since I was running iOS 6.1 beta I had to reload my phone anway. Also the easiest way to clear all the personal settings (Email, iCloud, iTunes, etc.) is to setup as new. So I figured what the hell why not just set it up as new and use it for the next 8 hours like that until I get it replaced. So I am using the stock, out of the box experience lol and it is going to be a lot of fun.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
After 3 hours my battery has gone down 1% its great! lol it's also kind of obvious because I have used my phone for a total of 5 minutes in all that time. There is nothing I can really do with it but it does make the day a whole lot more fun. ;)

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
After 3 hours my battery has gone down 1% its great! lol it's also kind of obvious because I have used my phone for a total of 5 minutes in all that time. There is nothing I can really do with it but it does make the day a whole lot more fun. ;)

I've always been one to say "put the phone down and have fun"

I personally thing technology as advanced us to a lazy,short term memory state. Its great that its there to help us but people live on it. Go out for a walk,run,bike ride and leave your phone in your car. The world is fun if you have people around you not on their cellphones either. Lol

Sent from my Bold using Tapatalk

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I agree there are children who can't spell because of Spellcheck and now Siri. When I'm in a car my ☎ sits on the passenger seat and if it rings I ignore it. The way I see it before cell phones when you were in a car you were out of reach. So why is it any different now? whatever it is can wait.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I posted a theory on crackberry and the title read "I think smartphones are killing peoples personalities"

Man there were some heated debates that happened on that thread.

Sent from my game boy color

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
😂 I can imagine! They just become so much a part of people's lives that they are so important. It's just like the proliferation of social networks. Yet it's not making anyone more social. On Facebook I only have family and very good friends. Sure I talk to a handful of people I probably never would on different social networks due to location, etc. But for the most part most networks is more about getting individuals thoughts and opinions out there more than actually talking and being social. I have talked to more people on this forum than all the social networks put together.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
yeah i think people are feeling more important than they really should also with all the 'personal blog" pages. its great to be unique and express you opinion but when it gets to the point where you start picking and choosing who you talk to because you feel above them.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I've always been one to say "put the phone down and have fun"

I personally thing technology as advanced us to a lazy,short term memory state. Its great that its there to help us but people live on it. Go out for a walk,run,bike ride and leave your phone in your car. The world is fun if you have people around you not on their cellphones either. Lol

Sent from my Bold using Tapatalk

I use my phone for work related texts and emails, social networking to communicate with friends and family, manage my bank accounts and check bank statements, pay bills, shop, etc. I'm on it most of the day, but I know when it's time not to be. I think we all do. I don't want to be victimized because my phone is a vital part of my life... I feel like you're under the impression that I'm not living life just because my phone is important to me, I'd like to not be an example of that misconception even though I meet the characteristics of your point.

Anyways, just throwing it out there. This whole convo is extremely off the OP.

- @iRy757

bgesullo

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I try to have time where I am phone less for some time. Some days it is a little tough cause I have to be available in case I'm in need at my store. I am sadly addicted to my phone, but I still try to find time to be without it. It is very hard because I have found ways for my phone to help me so much throughout my day with work or just staying in touch. However, there are some days where I am just sick of having my phone on my and try to avoid it as much as possible

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I use my phone for work related texts and emails, social networking to communicate with friends and family, manage my bank accounts and check bank statements, pay bills, shop, etc. I'm on it most of the day, but I know when it's time not to be. I think we all do. I don't want to be victimized because my phone is a vital part of my life... I feel like you're under the impression that I'm not living life just because my phone is important to me, I'd like to not be an example of that misconception even though I meet the characteristics of your point.

- @iRy757

I was not singling you out. Heck I don't even know you. I'm talking about people that are hiking through the woods or visiting a Museum and they or their kids are texting away on their phone. Yes I know there are certain exceptions but not for the amount of people you see doing it.

And the topic has changed from the op's original discussion. We're having a friendly discussion. No feelings are Bering hurt. So carry on ;)

Sent using Tapatalk

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I try to have time where I am phone less for some time. Some days it is a little tough cause I have to be available in case I'm in need at my store. I am sadly addicted to my phone, but I still try to find time to be without it. It is very hard because I have found ways for my phone to help me so much throughout my day with work or just staying in touch. However, there are some days where I am just sick of having my phone on my and try to avoid it as much as possible

I hear you. There are some days where (I have a blackberry) I keep it on bedside mode and allow only calls to come in. Of the people have my phone number then they are of importance to me.

Sent using Tapatalk

trmoney24

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
The worse is when you go to a group lunch or dinner and you see everyone on their phones. sure you may need to check your phone if another person is on their way, but once everyone is there, do you need to check what's going on FB or send out a text while you're in company of other people?! Sometimes I feel like I should have just stayed home and text the people I was planning dinner with since they respond to that quicker haha

anon(1458)

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
The way I see it, some people need smartphones...especially if they are annoying. Then they can play games and leave me alone. Less talking= me ^-^

anon(2353369)

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site

iRy757, What kind of bank do you have, im just curious because i am planning to switch banks..

- @iRy757

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2