4S beating 5 in wifi test

Jagss

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys i just got the 5 this week from verizon and i put it against my old 4s in a speed test and it would consistently lose by a couple mbs every time. i then put it against my friends att iphone 5 and would still get beaten. i knw its not my network alone because i tested it in several places, and i know alot of people are having wifi complaints, but is anyone else experiencing the same thing ??

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I haven't actually performed a test like that, but, I don't doubt you.
I've had some issues keeping a wifi connection to the same routers
that kept a connection just fine with my 4S. Nothing that makes it
unusable, though.

Jagss

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
yah the 5 isn't losing connection or anything...its just not performing as it should like my friends iphone5 out performs mine side by side on the same network

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Take it back to the Apple store and get a replacement. It's the easiest way to see if it's a hardware issue or something. You could get a new SIM before getting a replacement but if your friend's 5 and other 5's aren't having the same issues it's not a 5 issue it's just specific iPhone 5's that have problems. My Wifi works perfectly it switches slowly when I move from one network to another but my 4 did that too so it's nothing abnormal. My problem is the cell reception which is not even close to what my iPhone 4 was getting before. I've been to the Apple store we reset the network settings, switched the SIM and now I'm going to switch the hardware and see how the other phone functions. Then I will have my real answer if the new phone has great reception.

Jagss

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
yah thats what i'll do.. im still within the 30 day exchange window im just pissed because when i first got it i had them open up several boxes because of scuffing on the sides and now what i thought was the perfect iphone is giving me wifi problems :/

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
The 5's wifi sucks terribly. I wish I hadn't sold my 4S

First part is true. Second part for me isn't lol love my 5 just wish wifi worked at my work. Works everywhere else though. Also noticed a bump in speed the other day. Was consistently getting 12mb down now I'm up to 17-20

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Who says Wifi sucks on the 5? My five gets awesome Wifi at work 19 down and 14 up. My LTE on the other hand is quite different but that has to do with the Carrier not the hardware.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
My wifi is kinda the same hold connection but lags sometimes its usable but LTE is way better but worse on my battery life

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Jagss

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Are we on a 2.4 or 5 ghz network? My 5 on 5ghz screams

2.4ghz...side by side i would watch the 4s beat the 5. i even made sure the network was unsecure at the time because i know some of the issues with the 5 connecting to wpa2 or w/e. same thing when i tested mine and my friends iphone 5's, my iphone would consistently lose the speed test when we tested individually.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox