Hey all,

I got my iPhone 5 a couple days ago, and I've noticed that the proximity sensor is always on whenever I am using the phone. (I'm guessing it is the proximity sensor.. it's a purple-red light coming from the left of the earpiece).
    Is this supposed to happen, because I never noticed it on my 4 and 4s?

I'm also concerned because my battery life has been poor, and it might be from this.

I have also turned raise to speak for siri off...

thanks
    12-09-2012 10:30 PM
    Hey all,

I got my iPhone 5 a couple days ago, and I've noticed that the proximity sensor is always on whenever I am using the phone. (I'm guessing it is the proximity sensor.. it's a purple-red light coming from the left of the earpiece).
    Is this supposed to happen, because I never noticed it on my 4 and 4s?

I'm also concerned because my battery life has been poor, and it might be from this.

I have also turned raise to speak for siri off...

thanks
    Definitely shouldn't happen. Make a backup the restore your phone as new and see of that fixes the proximity sensor issue. If it doesn't restore from your backup and get on the phone with apple and troubleshoot with them till they send you a replacement! It's a familiar, if not common problem. But you will Probably have to have your device replaced!
    ChrisLuce#IM likes this.
    12-09-2012 11:49 PM
    No that is an infrared light and it's not causing any issues, every iPhone that I've owned has this. Every phone I've owned has this, it's nothing to worry about my friend. You'll notice it more In the dark.
    12-10-2012 01:43 PM