leaving ios... forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

iphonedyou

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
ive have the 3g, 3gs, 4, 4s, and now the 5. and i am so disappointed, its gotten way to mainstream, the phone is boring, that battery life is still terrible, the storage sucks, you cant customize anything, now colored led alert, to get ringtones you have to jump through hoops. their moto should be Iphone, "Live by your charger". then people say, turn off lte, turn down the brightness, dont play games, shut off vibrate. why should i have to turn down my experience just so my phone can make it past 6pm. officially switched to android, picked up a motorola razr hd lte maxx... feels the exact same as my i5, just i only have to charge it every 3 days, does hdmi out, completely customize-able, roms, .apks, i feel bad for you that are hooked on apples disappointing:) crap and stand in line for hours waitting to be the first to get it. live a little and stop being such a predictable cookie cutter get an android, you wont regret it. PEACE

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Agree and disagree with your opinions. I do feel that the icon grid is a bit boring and the battery life is not good enough (I currently have an iP5). I think storage is not an issue (I have the 64GB with a ton of stuff on it and currently 26GB free. I agree that all the battery savings tips are often ridiculous -- stuff users shouldn't have to manage just to get an extra 30 minutes of battery life... Apple needs to improve iOS as far as battery management/life goes for sure. I personally think the Android platform is a mess -- I wouldn't know which phone to get (there are new/better ones every month) and I would be pissed if I couldn't get the latest version of the Android OS right away. To call the iPhone "crap" is ridiculous -- it's arguably the best smartphone on the market consistently every year... hardware for sure.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You've had a good run with the iPhone and I wish you well on the next platform you decide to go with. Take care and have a great weekend...:)

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Good luck, enjoy your new toy. I am so glad I do not have the battery issues others have....but you will be happy with that huge battery you have now.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Enjoy, but I don't know what you mean about the battery life. My 5 lasts much much longer than any of my coworkers' androids including a RAZR Maxx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I just got my first iPhone, the 4s, I'm very pleased with the device. The battery life could be better but it's not terrible and can't get through a day and still have maybe 30 % left by 10pm.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
You will be back LOL. I tried the SG3 last month for 2 weeks. I came back to my trustworthy, smooth running, everything just works, great battery life iPhone 5. Android is too messy and it still lags. And please drop this my battery last 3 days without a charge. That's not true. Enjoy your new phone and welcome back whenever you decide to come back 😄

Sent from iPhone5 via Tapatalk

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Despite your insults, good luck with all those perks and your new found unstable operating system. I wish all your local provider reps good luck as well when you're in the store in two months doing a manufacturer replacement because your system froze.

Sent from Pandaria.

brendu

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I understand everything you complained about with iOS and iPhone but I do not believe that with the same usage you are getting 3 days of charge on your droid.

Natemz

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Bad battery life? I just switched from Android and my i5 easily triples any battery life I have had on any android device.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand these topics... Why come to an APPLE forum to tell people you're leaving?! Maybe you want to vent frustrations (and throw around some insults), but you aren't going to "convert" anyone...

You'd be better off posting a "Hey, I'm here" message on an Android forum...

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Despite your insults, good luck with all those perks and your new found unstable operating system. I wish all your local provider reps good luck as well when you're in the store in two months doing a manufacturer replacement because your system froze.

Sent from Pandaria.

How are those insults? Why would you take something someone says about iOS or the iPhone personally?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jphillips1963

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
You will be back LOL. I tried the SG3 last month for 2 weeks. I came back to my trustworthy, smooth running, everything just works, great battery life iPhone 5. Android is too messy and it still lags. And please drop this my battery last 3 days without a charge. That's not true. Enjoy your new phone and welcome back whenever you decide to come back 😄

Really before you go telling folks to drop the 3 days without a charge bit maybe you should research a bit before saying things you have no clue about here's proof our RAZR maxx HD can get beyond 3 days on a single charge. So please research or own the device before giving opinions on a device you have no clue over.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355008788677.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355008788677.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 128

jphillips1963

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand these topics... Why come to an APPLE forum to tell people you're leaving?! Maybe you want to vent frustrations (and throw around some insults), but you aren't going to "convert" anyone...

You'd be better off posting a "Hey, I'm here" message on an Android forum...

The same thing happens on android forums. They rant there goodbyes there leaving to go to iOS its just a thing I suppose. Don't know why folks takes it personal though. Those that leave feel justification for what ever reasons.
I was in Best Buy today looking at the iPhone 5 and yes its smooth and fluid but honestly so is my RAZR maxx HD. My biggest complaint I see is everything has go thru iTunes you just can't load and change stuff around to make it more to your personal liking and that tiny screen I know androids had a 4" screen once but honestly once you get use to a larger screen its touch going backwards.

Sent From My Droid RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk 2

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Really before you go telling folks to drop the 3 days without a charge bit maybe you should research a bit before saying things you have no clue about here's proof our RAZR maxx HD can get beyond 3 days on a single charge. So please research or own the device before giving opinions on a device you have no clue over.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk 2

You again. I'm a very active reader on forums and google in regards to phones. Me personally I've yet to meet anyone who has owned this phone and actually kept it. Yeah I hear great things about this phones battery life...but that is it. Heavy users battery will not last 3 days...not on this planet. Low users maybe..Now what if you do have great battery life on that phone congrats enjoy your phone. People get too stupid sometimes on forums. At the end I speak out of personal experiences and my opinions. If you don't agree I don't give a crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen