Here is my situation:

My BB 9800 Torch (AT&T) is off contract and I want to upgrade to either Android or Apple but I like how BB handles email and want to make sure I get the same functionality with that as well as contacts and calendar. I don't mind paying for apps to get that, but I don't want rooting, jailbreaking, or hacking. My BB is on BIS-not BES.

I have two email accounts: The personal one is a comcast.net and the work one has my work domain and is accessed on a PC through Outlook Web Access.

I want the email accounts to have a seperate icon for each-not a combined email list. The email must be push-like the BB.

I use Outlook for my calendar and contacts and I need the phone to sync with my PC Outlook. Wireless would be better but I don't mind using a usb.

Can the IP5 do this?
    12-06-2012 04:21 PM
    Here is my situation:

My BB 9800 Torch (AT&T) is off contract and I want to upgrade to either Android or Apple but I like how BB handles email and want to make sure I get the same functionality with that as well as contacts and calendar. I don't mind paying for apps to get that, but I don't want rooting, jailbreaking, or hacking. My BB is on BIS-not BES.
    I understand

I have two email accounts: The personal one is a comcast.net and the work one has my work domain and is accessed on a PC through Outlook Web Access.
    Okay

I want the email accounts to have a seperate icon for each-not a combined email list. The email must be push-like the BB.
    Unless your email provider has its own app like Gmail, you will NOT have a separate mail icon on your homescreen. As for push, Outlook mail is pushed to the iPhone, but I don't know about Comcast. I've never had it and thus, have never configured it for my i-devices.

I use Outlook for my calendar and contacts and I need the phone to sync with my PC Outlook. Wireless would be better but I don't mind using a usb.

Can the IP5 do this?
    Outlook calendars and contacts will sync will your device and I'm sure it will sync with Outlook on your PC, but being that I don't use a PC or the Microsoft Outlook app, I'm only guessing.
    12-06-2012 05:36 PM