Battery life normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennethkilo

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Attached a photo of my battery life. I play no games, only texting and web surfing on wifi + lte.

Attachments

• photo (1).PNG
    photo (1).PNG
    108.1 KB · Views: 83

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
yeah that's pretty much on par but it could be a little better. Try this:

Make sure all your apps are up to date
Hook up to iTunes right click the iPhone and choose transfer purchases
Do a sync
If you're using iCloud backup do an iCloud backup
Hook back up to iTunes and click each tab except apps and uncheck the Sync option then sync
This will remove all the media from your phone, reboot
Do screenshots of your homescreens so you know what apps you have, transfer the pictures to your computer
Put your apps into jiggly mode and remove any apps that don't require a username/password to use, reboot
Hook up to iTunes and click restore that will download and restore your OS once it's done ignore the iTunes prompt "Restore from or Setup as new...)
Unplug from the USB login to the phone and restore from the latest iCloud backup you did
It will put back all your media and apps
Reboot

*Optional
It depends how you like to keep your media and apps synced if you prefer to use iTunes then hook the iPhone back up to iTunes
Click each tab and see if there are any that aren't checked to sync media(when I did this my apps weren't being synced through iTunes)
Any that aren't checked check it and do a sync that will set it so that things are synced through iTunes instead of managed through iCloud

I noticed you are on Rogers :) hello fellow Canadian

jtexans

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I get at least 8 hours of usage while on LTE...while on at least 1 day of standby.

Something ain't right with your usage.

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
yeah that's pretty much on par but it could be a little better. Try this:

Make sure all your apps are up to date
Hook up to iTunes right click the iPhone and choose transfer purchases
Do a sync
If you're using iCloud backup do an iCloud backup
Hook back up to iTunes and click each tab except apps and uncheck the Sync option then sync
This will remove all the media from your phone, reboot
Do screenshots of your homescreens so you know what apps you have, transfer the pictures to your computer
Put your apps into jiggly mode and remove any apps that don't require a username/password to use, reboot
Hook up to iTunes and click restore that will download and restore your OS once it's done ignore the iTunes prompt "Restore from or Setup as new...)
Unplug from the USB login to the phone and restore from the latest iCloud backup you did
It will put back all your media and apps
Reboot

*Optional
It depends how you like to keep your media and apps synced if you prefer to use iTunes then hook the iPhone back up to iTunes
Click each tab and see if there are any that aren't checked to sync media(when I did this my apps weren't being synced through iTunes)
Any that aren't checked check it and do a sync that will set it so that things are synced through iTunes instead of managed through iCloud

I noticed you are on Rogers :) hello fellow Canadian

I'm sorry. What are you actually doing here to save battery? Bought the Maxx HD last week but thinking of returning it for the 5. Battery is a concern though Thanks.

ndaniel1

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
It looks ok too me. I turn off all my apps regularly but don't turn my wifi off during the day even when im at work with no wifi coverage and very poor carrier service and still get good battery use out of my phone.

I charge it once every two days and I do use it a fair bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77