iPhone 5 Data usage on Verizon error?

phileyoung

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I have used, somehow, 4.086 GB of data in the first 4 days of my billing cycle! When at home I'm connected to Wi-Fi and that is most of the time. In these 4 days the most common things I've done is some web browsing, Twitter, Pandora and Maps Navigation. I also used about 30 minutes of WatchESPN app.

Somehow, that has caused me to use 4 GB of data!

The tech support guy at Verizon told me: "Yeah if you were streaming Pandora, you can easily get to 4 GB in a few days."

Nevermind that I've not been over 2.3 GB so far since having the phone in the two other months and streamed much more than this. The regular Verizon reps laughed and agreed with me that there was no way I used that much data.

Anyone else had this problem? Any advice? Verizon basically said they can't see what used the data and that they can't help me. Said I should just increase my data plan (ha!).

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I can think of is either you weren't on WiFi when you thought you were, or maybe there was some kind of bug that even though the iPhone shows it was connected to WiFi it was still using your carrier data.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Did the carrier settings get updated ? This was a known bug that Verizon pushed a fix for

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
My first month was absurdly high...and AT&T reversed the overage charges for me (after some PITA conversations with them). Keep calling them, that's all you can do.

phileyoung

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I can think of is either you weren't on WiFi when you thought you were, or maybe there was some kind of bug that even though the iPhone shows it was connected to WiFi it was still using your carrier data.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

I suppose that it possible. However, I still was not using my data connection so much as to think I used 4GB during that time. It just doesn't make sense.

Did the carrier settings get updated ? This was a known bug that Verizon pushed a fix for

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

I read about that and I do indeed have the carrier settings update (13.3) and iOS 6.0.1 that were supposed to fix that prior to my issue arising. However, I still believe that an error like that is the most likely reason for this issue. I just didn't use 4GB of data after thinking about how I've used my phone since the end of my last cycle.

My first month was absurdly high...and AT&T reversed the overage charges for me (after some PITA conversations with them). Keep calling them, that's all you can do.

That's what I'm doing so far! 2 calls in today. I'm going to see what my data usage is again after today and give them another call tomorrow.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2