New to iPhone

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Just to update:
Took the phone to Best Buy where I bought it and they had no clue so I went to the Verizon store next door and their demo unit had the Auto Brightness on it, the store manager spent about 45 minutes trying to figure it out and called Apple Tech who did a remote diagnostics and found the phone had the Ipod software installed which does not have the Auto Brightness, so Apple to him to have it exhanged. Went back to Best Buy and they exchanged it no questions and the new one does have the software as it should.

Never heard of this one before. I wouldn't even expect it to work at all with the wrong OS version.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
^^^ The fact the lady said her daughter had to be "sent to counseling" screams "get rich quick" scheme...not surprising coming from Dekalb GA though, but i'll leave it at that.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
^^^ The fact the lady said her daughter had to be "sent to counseling" screams "get rich quick" scheme...not surprising coming from Dekalb GA though, but i'll leave it at that.

I know right lol I might have thanked them instead lol

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Steve, I'm not disputing what you went through. We're merely curious how this happened in the first place. Installing the wrong OS on a phone should have simply failed or produced an error...

Anyway, glad it was resolved for you...

I am just relating what the Apple guy told the Verizon manager. I bought the phone at Best Buy and they did indeed open it infront of me, along with the replacement.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Steve, I'm not disputing what you went through. We're merely curious how this happened in the first place. Installing the wrong OS on a phone should have simply failed or produced an error...

Anyway, glad it was resolved for you...

Not a problem. All of this apple stuff is like Spanish to me, learning it slowly

ktez

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Another good Gtalk app to try is IMO - I tried about 6 different ones too before I found one that worked. I haven't tried the BeeJive one yet though so I can't say how that works.