Blackberry not receiving my texts???

jayblazer

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I got my iPhone 5 back on the 16th and thought a few friends were ignoring me.. Well it turns out they do not receive my texts.. It looks like it sent and gives no indication it didn't. Both of these people are using blackberrys. And they are different models. Any advice for me to get my messages through to them?? I have googled it a few times and found posts from 09 but nothing more recent. Oh and it shows like a regular text message not an iMessage..

Tony the Tiger

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if I can help you with the BlackBerry thing, but just to clarify, you can only iMessage other iDevices, anything else will go as a regular text message.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Make sure your texting there number and not there bbm number by mistake assuming you came from a blackberry ?
And your contacts transferred over wrong ?

Also are you texting including the area code ?

jayblazer

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
The reason I mentioned iMessage was because I came across a few people saying there iPhone would see the blackberry as an idevice and try and send it as an iMessage.

Nope It's actually my wife's phone and she came from an env touch.. The numbers were just entered by hand and yes they have the area code in them.. I'm not sure what a bbm is but I think she's using there normal number. At least it's what shows when they call.

Some more info that may help us crack this is that they can text me and I can send them mms just not SMS??

jayblazer

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
okay the only reason I mentioned imessage was because when i googled "iphone cannot send texts to Blackberrys" the only posts i could find sounding similar were ones where the iphone would try to send texts as an imessage to Blackberrys that is not the case here..

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Call your carrier and ask them to 'reset' your text message package.

Now if you're on Verizon, then this will be a little more challenging to resolve. I have a few friends on Verizon and have had this SAME issue and it took a few attempts to get it resolved...

Ps: as a test, do a network reset from settings and then try again. Also during your test, turn off WIFI (just because).

Let us know the outcome.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue before, moving from BB to iPhone. Verizon had to re-provision my account and all was well after about 10 min on phone.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
My friend had this same exact thing happen to him. The #'s that didn't get his texts didnt have an area code with them. He added the area code and all was well. Not sure if that is your problem, but worked for him.

jayblazer

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Went to level 3 support. While I was on the phone with level two he had me do a few different things and try again but nothing.. He says the text never leaves my phone. He was able to see when I would send texts to other phones no problem.

jayblazer

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I just got a text from the number I was trying to text saying that it was support and my problem had been resolved. And I responded and got a text from my friend so it seems it is fixed. It was really eye opening that they could read my texts as I sent them.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I just got a text from the number I was trying to text saying that it was support and my problem had been resolved. And I responded and got a text from my friend so it seems it is fixed. It was really eye opening that they could read my texts as I sent them.

Kinda scary and they were able to use your friends number to respond lol

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
While it may worry you, they are your carrier, so yes they can view anything..... Good if Law enforcement may need something from someones phone. Well that's when carriers come into play.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR