Verizon LTE just came to my area and I don't even think it's official yet, however I can get LTE on my iPhone 5 however it just randomly drops to 3G and I have to toggle LTE off and on to get it back. Is this normal for brand new LTE areas or is it a problem with my iPhone?
    11-22-2012 08:58 PM
    If LTE isn't official yet it's probably just in a testing phase. That's what happened to me last spring when LTE was coming to my area I would see it for a limited amounts of time then it would go back to 3G.

Beamed from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    lefty_dinc likes this.
    11-22-2012 09:00 PM
    Thanks for the response. It's just really odd because it will hold the LTE pretty solid 2 bars and then just randomly drop but toggling will bring it back.
    11-22-2012 09:22 PM
    I have noticed this as well, and my area has had LTE for some time. I will have full service and for some reason it will drop to 3G. But then if I toggle Airplane mode it will grab LTE again... :dontknow:

I will add, if I let it be it will eventually grab LTE again. Maybe I am just impatient when I know I have LTE in a certain area.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    11-23-2012 12:58 AM
    I have noticed this as well, and my area has had LTE for some time. I will have full service and for some reason it will drop to 3G. But then if I toggle Airplane mode it will grab LTE again... :dontknow:

I will add, if I let it be it will eventually grab LTE again. Maybe I am just impatient when I know I have LTE in a certain area.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    It's easy to be impatient when you know how fast LTE is and you know it's there for you.
    11-23-2012 11:41 AM