Invalid Sim

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't think Apple has replacement micro, er, nano, er, "whatever they call them" SIMs. I'd give them a call to check before you make a trip.

I completely agree about the Verizon Store too. Some of the things their reps say to customers make me just shake my head and walk away.

meheidi10984

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I had this happen last night, December 18, 2012. I was at work getting ready to leave and was walking out of the office and checked my phone and saw "Invalid Sim" where my 'service' bar(s) usually are. I then proceeded to text a friend to see if they could get my text and of course, "Not Delivered". I then tried to place a call to see if maybe this would some how reconnect my "Sim/Service" but the call failed. I waited about 30 minutes and then my phone returned to normal. Not sure what the cause of this was but I hope this is not a regular thing. I will be visiting the nearest Apple store if this occurs again (after taking screenshots of the mishap). :(

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I don't think Apple has replacement micro, er, nano, er, "whatever they call them" SIMs. I'd give them a call to check before you make a trip.

I completely agree about the Verizon Store too. Some of the things their reps say to customers make me just shake my head and walk away.

Apple has SIMs at least they do here in Canada so I don't see why they wouldn't in the US. They can even do the swap from the old SIM to the new SIM if you don't want the hassle of doing it through the carrier.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I have had it happen 3 separate occasions over the last week to ten days. Each time I was able to correct it but powering off, and then on again. Switching in and out of airplane mode did not fix it as I tried that as well. I haven't given it much thought until seeing this thread. Unless it becomes a larger issue I will likely just let it be.

trmoney24

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Can I just go to an apple store.

I try to NEVER go to a Verizon store. They never have a clue and its usually a bunch of teenagers.

Thanks

I agree, Verizon's stores are always a pain. I had a SIM card issue recently, not exactly like the issue you are having. I called customer service and they gave me the option of shipping a new one, receiving it in 2 days, or going to a store. I opted for getting it in the mail. They are usually pretty good about replacing SIM cards if there is an issue with that.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW