Replacing iPhone 5 with WIFI issues via Apple CS

anon(19047)

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

So I have encountered some wifi issues while using my iPhone 5 and was wondering if anyone else had a similar experience. First off, I absolutely love my iphone 5 and use it every day. Simply great. Any-who when I connect it to wifi I am finding that I am frequently losing the connection and then note that the available list of wifi networks are no longer present once unlocking my phone. So what I have been doing is shutting off the wifi altogether and then waiting, and turning it back on. It will hold a connection for a bit then inevitability lose it in which i will have to go back into the settings and turn off-turn on to reestablish connection.

I have restored the phone, reset network settings a couple of times now, also I have done a hard reset and messed with my router. With my 4 I didn't have these issues.

I recently got off the phone with apple CS and they are sending me out a refurb I believe, and then I will send them my 5. My question is, if they can't replicate the issue will I get that $229 charge? I wanted to know if anyone else had a similar occurrence. Thanks!

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I get the same issues some times not that big a deal to switch my phone. I think it's a software issue instead of hardware related.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem, swapped the phone out and problem fixed. I doubt it's software issue. You will not be charged $229. They didn't even check mine when they swapped it.