iPhone volume, how loud is too loud?

Nibbz

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I regularly listen to my iPhone with Earpods in for anywhere between 20 minutes to an hour or so a day walking to and from destinations. I typically listen at exactly 50%, maybe a notch or two up when I walk past heavy machinery, and a notch below 50% when its relatively quiet. In order to ensure good hearing for as long as I can, what do you recommend is a safe setting to listen to music through earpods?

Don't answer if you listen to it at full volume, you'll be deaf by 35.

Ambrose Chun

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I listen to mine at around 10-20%, which is perfectly fine.

The fact that you said "Don't answer if you listen to it at full volume, you'll be deaf by 35." makes me laugh at you...

How much is 50% compared to 10-20 ?

Apple4ever2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
You can't be serious......Really!! This can't be a real question.
toggling up or down on Earpods till you get to a desirable level is to much to do I see....I say Blame Apple because they should have a Preset called "Comfortable for just You".... Unreal what I read sometimes.....

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not trying to be a prick or anything, but I agree, in part, with Apple4ever2011. No one can tell you what is too loud for you. Only you can make that determination.

Nibbz

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm more so worrying about a setting having too many decibels for human ears. Since many human ears suffer the same from increased volume, a standard "safe" volume is possible to determine, so yeah... not asking what's best for me, asking what's safest for most people.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods