iMessage Activation Issue

Barratrous Brighton

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I am having trouble activating Imessage on iPhone 5 IOS6. It is constantly saying waiting for activation. I have ensured that my apple ID and password are correct. I have switched iMessage on and off several times, as well as my phone and all of my other devices are coming up with my iphone is now using my email address. I also ensure that I am connected to WIFI.
Has anyone had this issue and can help me fix mine.

johnanondoe

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I had a similar issue are tried everything I could find online to fix it. At the end, I realized that my carrier had put a block on "spam" text messages. When you turn iMessages on it basically sends an invisible text message to Apple to verify it. With the block, the text message wasn't sent.

That probably just confused you more than helping you. Just call your carrier and ask them if there is some kind of spam SMS block. If there is, have them remove it and you'll be good.

eb_therebel

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I am having trouble activating Imessage on iPhone 5 IOS6. It is constantly saying waiting for activation. I have ensured that my apple ID and password are correct. I have switched iMessage on and off several times, as well as my phone and all of my other devices are coming up with my iphone is now using my email address. I also ensure that I am connected to WIFI.
Has anyone had this issue and can help me fix mine.

Try toggling airplane mode on for 5 seconds and turning it back off. This happened to me when I first got my i5 but that fixed it for me

Yptcn

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
This might help.

Make sure that Time & Date ( In Settings-General ) are on automatic.

In Settings-Privacy-Locations-System Service ( All the way down ),make sure Define Time Zone is on.

It worked for me after pulling out a lot of hair ;-)))

timbervision

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
The tip given above worked immediately after so much frustration. Simply go to Settings, then General, then Date and Time, and then select "Set Automatically."

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73