iPhone 5 Spotlight search issue

Hushero

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone, this is my first post here and looking forward to know you all :)

My iPhone 5 now is one month old. I am using spotlight search on every day to find my contacts, apps. This is the fastest way for me since I have a big list of contacts, apps etc...The strange thing is that this Spotlight search results window is getting shorter and shorter every time I use this search function!

I have attached couple snapshots explains how the spotlight search results window look like in the beginning of my use, then after after using spotlight search for about three days. The only unpractical solution I found is just restarting the iPhone again and again to rest the view :-(

Does anyone have noticed this issue? you might be an heavy-use user of this function to discover it...

Thanks

Attachments

• photo 1.PNG
    photo 1.PNG
    295 KB · Views: 23
  • photo 2.PNG
    photo 2.PNG
    190.2 KB · Views: 23

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you were to type the letter "A", your search field will be great but as your search becomes more specific, "Agnes's", for example, the search field will decrease. That is normal. If I misunderstood your post, I apologize.

Hushero

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
If you were to type the letter "A", your search field will be great but as your search becomes more specific, "Agnes's", for example, the search field will decrease. That is normal. If I misunderstood your post, I apologize.

Thanks for your reply, you are right and know this thing, but this is not the case here...as you can see on the snapshots, I have put same word for search, but the gray area of the results are not the same!

- - - Updated - - -

check settings > general > spotlight search and make sure you havent turned anything off :)

Thanks for your tip...Yes I have checked all the areas are checked and ON...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your reply, you are right and know this thing, but this is not the case here...as you can see on the snapshots, I have put same word for search, but the gray area of the results are not the same!

- - - Updated - - -

When you go to Settings-General-Spotlight search, is everything checked that you want included in a search?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

But are you actually getting fewer results, or is it just that the background is now shorter? From your screenshot it appears to have the same results, just a different appearance.