Exchange mail settings

Smurfy71

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I have had an iPad for some time and recently got an iphone5. My work uses Microsoft Exchange email, and I have the settings on both the iPad and the iPhone the same. When I delete an email from the iPad, it stays on the Exchange server and I can pull it up on my computer later. With the iPhone, it deletes from the server as well, gone forever. Is there any way to fix this?

glercara

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
If they are set up correctly, the iPad is NOT working properly. When you delete an email, it is NOT gone forever. It's placed in the deleted items folder. And, even if you empty your deleted items folder, email can still be restored based on the Company's retaining policy.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
If they are set up correctly, the iPad is NOT working properly. When you delete an email, it is NOT gone forever. It's placed in the deleted items folder. And, even if you empty your deleted items folder, email can still be restored based on the Company's retaining policy.

This is the correct answer. If it is set up correctly, deleting on any device will delete it on all devices. The email is then available in your deleted items or trash folder if needed.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73