Wifi issues with Verizon I5

Terrigno

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Here in the part of NC I'm in, the local Verizon store states that there is no IPhone 5 within 500 miles of my area. Not so. Went to Durham 30 miles away and got one. Switched from the 4S. Love the I5.

I've called Verizon about the wifi not working right. I've searched the net. My 4S was great on my home router. Now the I5 goes in and out and doesn't get the right range I used to. I've resettled the network settings a few times. Resetted the phone. Still have the issue. Is there any other options I can try? I'm frustrated by this knowing I have LTE here and 4GB of data. It keeps switching to LTE. Any help would greatly be appreciated. ;)

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Your options are pretty limited at this point. Personally I'd get it swapped out but then if the problem persists it's obviously a home network issue.

Terrigno

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Appreciate the response. Would Verizon swap me out one over the phone? Or a drive back to Durham? Not sure what to do here.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Well have u updated the software? Are you using 2.4ghz or 5ghz. 5ghz is faster for me but 5ghz is definitely shorter range then 2.4ghz.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

IAmAuthority

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Revert back to the last update before 6.1 and try that. If the problem persists, swap out devices at local Verizon store. If that doesnt work then its definitely your home router.

Terrigno

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Appreciate the response. That issue is definitely hardware related. Did the swap today and this one works just fine.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative