Exchange at Apple Store

johnc847

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
I bought my iPhone 5 at SAMs club and I'm on day 28. I noticed a dead pixel and none of the Sams clubs around have any in stock. Will the Apple Store swap out my phone for a new one even though
I bought it Sam's Club?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I bought my iPhone 5 at SAMs club and I'm on day 28. I noticed a dead pixel and none of the Sams clubs around have any in stock. Will the Apple Store swap out my phone for a new one even though
I bought it Sam's Club?

Yes they will. Just take it in and talk with a Genius. The Genius Bar and the perks of using the Apple Store are for all customers, not just those who purchase directly from Apple.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Although you might want to call first because I believe there is a limit on dead pixels on the screen before they will exchange the product. I don't know if it is the same on the iPhone but usually they wont exchange a laptop unless there are more than 5 dead pixels.

IAmAuthority

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
There are no limits for dead pixels on phones. Head to your local Apple store & explain your issue. Let them know you bought it from SAMs Club, and they should be able to help you out with getting a replacement phone.

Good luck!

Last edited:

MANdroidd

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it shouldnt be an issue. Im sure Apple has the iPhone serial number in its system so regardless of where you bought it, it shouldn't be an issue.

johnc847

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
I setup an appointment and went to the apple store this morning. They saw the pixel and agreed to swap it out but said they have to give me what I think they called "service replacement" cause they were out of retail phones. I asked if it was new or refurbished and he said new as they don't have any refurbished yet. It was in a small white box about the size of the phone.

I was satisfied until I got to the car and looked it over (original I got from SAMs had chips in paint). There was what appeared to be dust all over it. I tried cleaning it up but there was dust on top right corner that is under the screen. I checked the back to see if dust was under lense and there is some around the edge under the glass.

I took it back in and told the same guy that swapped it out that there is dust under the screen and if he had to give me my original and back and order a new one it would be fine. His attitude changed and said its "cosmetic" and he'll have to talk to the manager because the replacements are for actual defective phones. I told him I was fine waiting if they'd order one. He returned a few minutes later and said they will order one but that's the last. That if the one they order has cosmetic issues I'm stick with it.

How is dust under the screen a cosmetic issue? How is that acceptable? These phones cost a lot of money and when I bought it, I expected it to live up to what all my other apple devices have. To me, dust under the screen isn't acceptable or what I paid for. I'm sure it won't be acceptable when I try to sell this phone 2yrs from now when I upgrade to the next.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I setup an appointment and went to the apple store this morning. They saw the pixel and agreed to swap it out but said they have to give me what I think they called "service replacement" cause they were out of retail phones. I asked if it was new or refurbished and he said new as they don't have any refurbished yet. It was in a small white box about the size of the phone.

I was satisfied until I got to the car and looked it over (original I got from SAMs had chips in paint). There was what appeared to be dust all over it. I tried cleaning it up but there was dust on top right corner that is under the screen. I checked the back to see if dust was under lense and there is some around the edge under the glass.

I took it back in and told the same guy that swapped it out that there is dust under the screen and if he had to give me my original and back and order a new one it would be fine. His attitude changed and said its "cosmetic" and he'll have to talk to the manager because the replacements are for actual defective phones. I told him I was fine waiting if they'd order one. He returned a few minutes later and said they will order one but that's the last. That if the one they order has cosmetic issues I'm stick with it.

How is dust under the screen a cosmetic issue? How is that acceptable? These phones cost a lot of money and when I bought it, I expected it to live up to what all my other apple devices have. To me, dust under the screen isn't acceptable or what I paid for. I'm sure it won't be acceptable when I try to sell this phone 2yrs from now when I upgrade to the next.

Just ask for manager they will replace it

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Buddy I agree with completely I actually sent an email to Tim cook CEO team and they were singing a different tune when I went back to the store for issues with my replacement. The manger called me and apologized over and Over and there store manger walked upped to me directly and apologized and said if I have any issues at all to ask for her. I know I'm a military guy and idk if that was why but it should be for everyone thee should be NOO damn reason why we should just accept it sorry but that's straight bullsh*** and all of you who think it was unnecessary think what you want but I won't settle for anything but beautiful and chips dings dents and dust under screen is unacceptable. HOOAH!!!!

IAmAuthority

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Nothing is impossible when millions of units are being pushed out of production. Regardless of what they consider a "cosmetic issue" the phone should, and apparently WAS replaced. I feel like Apple has lowered their standards as far as new phones go. I've heard of so many people complaining of scratches, dust, and dents (complaining rightfully so).

Hopefully Apple continues to issue replacements without a ton of hassle. Good luck with the ordered device OP!

agentmobile

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I had 2 phones replaced! I had a 16GB at first and it was turning off randomly (and constantly) so they happily replaced it the girl at apple was very nice and helpful. Then I realized I needed a 32GB so I was still within 30 days and went back to AT&T and got a white 32. That one had major battery issues it would not hold a charge even standby time would drain it, the apple employee was amazed when he checked out my usage statistics he was like that is definitely not normal, so he sent me to his coworker and this guy was a total d*** , he was very arrogant and assumed I was making a big deal out of nothing he was just very smug with me, and I was very nice to him and kindly pointed out that he could check my statistics and that the other employee noted how insanely bad my battery was but he literally acted like he didn't hear me and kinda took a deep breath and rolled his eyes and went to the back then came out with a new one and I said "thank u very much I appreciate it" and he rudely said that I "can't keep exchanging them because other people really need them" I was furious on the inside as I'm NOT one to make a mountain out of a mole hill and I truly needed a new phone, I just kept it to myself and now this new 32 I got has an incredible battery life I couldn't be happier even though it came with a small nick on the backplate , like I said I don't care much if its not a big deal. I have nothing against apple and still love the company and the products, I bet that rude employee won't last long anyways

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Although you might want to call first because I believe there is a limit on dead pixels on the screen before they will exchange the product. I don't know if it is the same on the iPhone but usually they wont exchange a laptop unless there are more than 5 dead pixels.

All it takes is one on iPhone for them to replace. It goes by screen size.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I had 2 phones replaced! I had a 16GB at first and it was turning off randomly (and constantly) so they happily replaced it the girl at apple was very nice and helpful. Then I realized I needed a 32GB so I was still within 30 days and went back to AT&T and got a white 32. That one had major battery issues it would not hold a charge even standby time would drain it, the apple employee was amazed when he checked out my usage statistics he was like that is definitely not normal, so he sent me to his coworker and this guy was a total d*** , he was very arrogant and assumed I was making a big deal out of nothing he was just very smug with me, and I was very nice to him and kindly pointed out that he could check my statistics and that the other employee noted how insanely bad my battery was but he literally acted like he didn't hear me and kinda took a deep breath and rolled his eyes and went to the back then came out with a new one and I said "thank u very much I appreciate it" and he rudely said that I "can't keep exchanging them because other people really need them" I was furious on the inside as I'm NOT one to make a mountain out of a mole hill and I truly needed a new phone, I just kept it to myself and now this new 32 I got has an incredible battery life I couldn't be happier even though it came with a small nick on the backplate , like I said I don't care much if its not a big deal. I have nothing against apple and still love the company and the products, I bet that rude employee won't last long anyways

I have never had one been rude to me you are better than because I would have prob went off after I got my new phone of course lol

agentmobile

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Lol I know! I wanted to go off sooo bad but decided to just let it go I buy a lot of stuff there and I'm cool with most if the employees so I just let it go

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Lol I know! I wanted to go off sooo bad but decided to just let it go I buy a lot of stuff there and I'm cool with most if the employees so I just let it go

Ya I understand why you wouldn't want too I can say I have only been shot down once when swapping a phone but I called my carrier and they swapped so it worked out

johnc847

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Still waiting on the one they ordered to come in. I hope it doesn't have anything wrong with it. Cause I'm not going to settle for it if it does. I hope it has the battery life of this one though.

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
These stories are crazy to me. I say this b/c the Apple store by me is the exact opposite, always polite and helpful. That is one of the many reasons I stay with Apple. Sorry for all of you that have people with attitudes but I would want a 100% perfect phone also.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal