Am I experiencing battery issues?

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
iPhone 5 since launch day. Not happy with battery life. I feel on my previous 4S it was much better. I believe my battery life is horrible and considering going to apple store. What you think? Thanx for your inputs.
eda2u4uj.jpg

...on iPhone5/iOS6 via Tapatalk...

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
that is abnormal, IMHO. maybe try doing a Reset All Settings & charge cycle first

Tried this already. With my 4S I never experienced such horrendous battery. Keep in mind my LTE is ON because some parts of Miami already has sprint LTE. I just feel this is totally abnormal. I feel every time I look at the phone it's losing power. You think I can get it swapped at the Genius Bar? Will they have new stock or should I expect a refurbished unit?

trebor8806

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Well if you have LTE on and it's spotty where you're at then that would be your problem. Your device is probably bouncing back and forth between towers.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Well if you have LTE on and it's spotty where you're at then that would be your problem. Your device is probably bouncing back and forth between towers.

You make a great point. With LTE on and only certain parts of Miami having sprint LTE I've noticed I get that lil circle next to my 3G symbol a lot. Tomorrow I plan to have LTE off and see the results. I have scheduled an appt at the Genius Bar for Friday night. Lets see tomorrow how it goes. Thanx.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Did you restore from a backup? If so you might try restoring and setting up as a new iPhone. My iP5 battery life is definitely worse than my 4S was... albeit the iP4S was on 5.1.1, so I'm not going to do anything drastic until Apple releases 6.01 or 6.1 (whatever it is going to be) and the update description is:

Battery life improvements
Bug fixes

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Did you restore from a backup? If so you might try restoring and setting up as a new iPhone. My iP5 battery life is definitely worse than my 4S was... albeit the iP4S was on 5.1.1, so I'm not going to do anything drastic until Apple releases 6.01 or 6.1 (whatever it is going to be) and the update description is:

Battery life improvements
Bug fixes

Yeah back up from iCloud.

boldBud

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
That's really, really bad. My worst battery life day was around 3 hours and 20 mins of usage with 32% remaining. Yours makes mine look pretty good. No matter what you're really doing that's pretty low. Just wondering, was this on Wifi, LTE or 3G? What all were you doing? What was your screen brightness at? Location services? Did you use iCloud to restore?

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Keep in mind you're only getting LTE on some areas in Miami, the phone constantly getting in and out of LTE might affect the battery a bit. Try disabling LTE for a day or two and see if you notice any difference.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Keep in mind you're only getting LTE on some areas in Miami, the phone constantly getting in and out of LTE might affect the battery a bit. Try disabling LTE for a day or two and see if you notice any difference.

For tomorrow I will leave LTE off. I have lowered my screen brightness as I had it set to max. Auto brightness is off now. I have turned off location on apps I don't need it for. I will monitor any changes tomorrow. In my office and home I'm always on wifi. If nothing changes I will be going to the genius bar on friday. Thanks everyone for their inputs will keep you all posted.

trebor8806

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
For tomorrow I will leave LTE off. I have lowered my screen brightness as I had it set to max. Auto brightness is off now. I have turned off location on apps I don't need it for. I will monitor any changes tomorrow. In my office and home I'm always on wifi. If nothing changes I will be going to the genius bar on friday. Thanks everyone for their inputs will keep you all posted.

Cool. Hope it improves for you.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site

Keep in mind the Apple store will usually ask you to do a restore before swapping the phone to make sure it's not a software issue.. Good luck

trmoney24

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Still seems a bit low to me. I can usually use the phone about 7-8 hours and be on standby for 24 hours and have about 20-25% left. I am on Verizon, great LTE signal and wifi all day.
I'm glad it improved for you! I would still check it out at Apple if you have time.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
That seems like a good battery life... is it LTE off?

LTE off running latest iOS 6 apple released yesterday. I'm satisfied actually. Off the charger at 6am and once I got home its when I posted the last screen shot. All this time it hasn't been charged. I'm the type that charges every night while I sleep so when I wake up my phone is fully charged. All I want is for my device to last me my entire workday and today it did. I will check how it goes with LTE on and new update. Then eventually when sprint LTE is fully developed here in Miami. BTW I didn't bother going to apple store. I cancelled the appointment. Satisfied for now and I'm sure battery life will improve.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Off the charger since 6am. Used about 1 hr of LTE use. With new iOS 6 update I'm getting better battery life. I'm satisfied.
uda4ybyd.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative