Apple Store Repairs

anon(19047)

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Could anybody tell me if Apple will do a screen replacement in store? I got water in my iPhone 5 and now I have weird splotches of illumination on around the screen. Thank god everything else is working fine.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I understand Apple will be replacing the screen of the iphone 5 at the store since it's fairly easy with the new design.
Hard to tell if they wont charge you for it, they should but you might get lucky.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah water damage no warranty here. But you might get lucky. I'm not sure if they are replacing screens yet, if not $229 for a new device. Your best bet is to go in now and see your options.

anon(19047)

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info guys, but I woke up this morning and the water seemed to have dried up and I can't seem to find any of the splotches from yesterday.. It's like second Christmas.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
From what I understood, they don't ever really "repair" the phone you give them and give it back to you...they simply take your repair cost payment, and give you a refurb (or a new unit if refurbs are not available). They will eventually repair that phone, and they'll give it as a replacement to someone else.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
From what I understood, they don't ever really "repair" the phone you give them and give it back to you...they simply take your repair cost payment, and give you a refurb (or a new unit if refurbs are not available). They will eventually repair that phone, and they'll give it as a replacement to someone else.

unless Apple changed that recently, my old 3gs had an issue with the screen and the Apple store replaced the screen right there and gave it back to me, still under warranty..

fubaracing7374

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
unless Apple changed that recently, my old 3gs had an issue with the screen and the Apple store replaced the screen right there and gave it back to me, still under warranty..

3GS was done in house. The 4 and 4S were not.

Sent from my AT&T iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
3GS was done in house. The 4 and 4S were not.

Sent from my AT&T iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Right, because the design made it difficult to do that in store, but with the iPhone 5 I think they'll just replace it and give it back to you, kind of makes more sense than give you a refurbished unit..
Anyway, if it's water damage or something not covered under warranty it would be easier and cheaper to get the part and replace it yourself, in a few months the market will be flooded with screen replacements.

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
You are lucky!
And be careful late since Apple don't really "repair" it.
Hmm, recently my iPad have a little rift and I got it to Apple Store to repair for me, but they didn't return it to me so far :(

josh.ua

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
There are a few things they will replace in store for the iPhone 5: home button, receiver, speaker, vibe motor, and sim ejector arm, but NOT the display. Currently the only way to get a broken display or liquid damaged iPhone fixed is to replace the entire thing (both of those issues will cost $229 without AppleCare+, or $49 with AppleCare+). If you have a manufacturer defect that is not related to the above issues, they will replace the entire device for free (assuming it can't be fixed with software).

remedy1978

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
You know for sure they will replace the vibe motor and not swap out the entire phone? I have a good screen but my vibe motor sounds a little weird. It would be great if they could just swap out the motor.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2