What's your best way to preserve battery for the iPhone 5 when needed?
    Mine would have to be to turn off Wifi/LTE (only when in 3G areas). I also turn off my Bluetooth but that's all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-26-2012 11:11 AM
    Keep wifi on and locations off bluetooth off, LTE off. Reason I say keep wifi in is that your 3g has to ping the tower every now and then so it will use slightly more. But the biggest is setting screen brightness low. About 2 times a month I try to completely drain my battery and then fully charge it. This is just good for the battery, whether is calibrates it with the software is unproven.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    10-26-2012 03:59 PM
    I use wifi whenever I can. Also I make sure to close all of my apps whenever I'm done using them. I do that on my iPad 2 as well.
    10-26-2012 04:04 PM
    Turn auto brightness off, notifications for apps you don't use off and same for locations, bluetooth off, limit ad tracking ON. My battery life is good
    10-26-2012 04:30 PM
    Keep wifi on and locations off bluetooth off, LTE off. Reason I say keep wifi in is that your 3g has to ping the tower every now and then so it will use slightly more. But the biggest is setting screen brightness low. About 2 times a month I try to completely drain my battery and then fully charge it. This is just good for the battery, whether is calibrates it with the software is unproven.

What does the limit ad tracking mean?

10-26-2012 07:50 PM
    The biggest thing for me is LTE off, bt doesn't use much power and its not worth turning off if you use it a lot ie headset or car. The other thing is making sure I completely close apps I'm not using..
    10-26-2012 09:52 PM
    What does the limit ad tracking mean?

Ad Tracking

iOS 6 introduces the Advertising Identifier, a non-permanent, non-personal, device identifier, that apps will use to give you more control over advertisers’ ability to use tracking methods. If you choose to limit ad tracking, apps are not permitted to use the Advertising Identifier to serve you targeted ads. In the future all apps will be required to use the Advertising Identifier. However, until then you may still receive targeted ads.
    10-26-2012 10:55 PM
    I turn off mobile data whenever I'm home and survive on Wifi. This really helps me in conserving battery. Facing an issue though, Wifi seems to be turning off whenever my phone is in sleep mode.
    10-27-2012 03:42 AM
    I turn off mobile data whenever I'm home and survive on Wifi. This really helps me in conserving battery. Facing an issue though, Wifi seems to be turning off whenever my phone is in sleep mode.
    WiFi turns off after 30 minutes of inactivity to conserve battery

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    10-27-2012 04:06 AM

And Wifi will constantly have to be connected to Wifi while your cell chip is still talking to cell towers for service. This whole "Wifi on saves battery" is BS, it causes extra processing. And obviously leaving wifi on when you aren't anywhere near wifi causes HUGE battery drain because you phone is constantly searching for wifi that it doesn't have access to.
    10-27-2012 04:35 AM
    I usually close out any apps that i'm through with and completely drain my battery once a month.I leave my LTE and WiFi on and still only charge my phone up every other day.
    10-27-2012 08:44 AM
    Keep all Apps Close Every Time You Used Them!!
    10-27-2012 09:32 AM
    I usually close out any apps that i'm through with and completely drain my battery once a month.I leave my LTE and WiFi on and still only charge my phone up every other day.
    That actually doesn't save any battery life.... There was a thread on that a little while ago. Its a iOS myth.
    mikells43 likes this.
    10-27-2012 10:15 AM
    WiFi turns off after 30 minutes of inactivity to conserve battery

Wifi turns off after 30 minutes being in idle? Where is the info to back this up?
    10-27-2012 03:15 PM
    didnt you ever see when you wake your phone and look at the top and its in 3g. then switches over to wifi. or if you have the iphone 5 its in lte then switches over to wifi if your at home on your network. try it. mine does it all the time.
    10-27-2012 04:03 PM
    To preserve battery life? As long as it lasts through an entire day, I am happy. Even with heavy usage, I have yet to see close to 30% in 24 hours so it is good enough for me

If anything, I am probably hurting the battery by charging it daily regardless of the current battery percentage.
    10-27-2012 04:39 PM
    Myth

10-27-2012 04:41 PM

If anything, I am probably hurting the battery by charging it daily regardless of the current battery percentage.
    Myth

10-27-2012 04:42 PM
    didnt you ever see when you wake your phone and look at the top and its in 3g. then switches over to wifi. or if you have the iphone 5 its in lte then switches over to wifi if your at home on your network. try it. mine does it all the time.
    Exactly

10-27-2012 04:43 PM

You cannot calibrate a battery, only the software that reads it
    Once a month is usually plenty.

10-27-2012 04:48 PM
    Myth
    Not entirely. Apps that actively use the GPS receiver in the phone will cause the phone to consume battery resources at a faster rate than when those apps are closed.
    10-27-2012 05:08 PM
    And obviously leaving wifi on when you aren't anywhere near wifi causes HUGE battery drain because you phone is constantly searching for wifi that it doesn't have access to.
    That is not 100% true i leave me wifi on where i go but i simply turn " ask to join networks " Off and i have great battery life all day and on heavy usage i come home with at least 30% and thats with my brightness at half
    10-27-2012 07:05 PM
    Exactly

Not 30 min though. Mine turned back to 4g after about 1-2 minutes
    10-27-2012 07:50 PM
    Not entirely. Apps that actively use the GPS receiver in the phone will cause the phone to consume battery resources at a faster rate than when those apps are closed.
    Those apps finish there tasks and then go into a suspend state. So that puts us back to myth.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    10-27-2012 09:12 PM
    I always turn off 3g unless needed and knock the brightness down a little, And i set mail etc to manual to stop the phone from keep trying to pull data all the time and draining the battery.
    Suppose you could also turn off location services unless you need them but i would say the most important and the one that seems to have the most effect is turning down the brightness.
    10-28-2012 10:53 AM
30 12