Your Best Way To Save Battery...

iCollin

Banned
Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
What's your best way to preserve battery for the iPhone 5 when needed?
Mine would have to be to turn off Wifi/LTE (only when in 3G areas). I also turn off my Bluetooth but that's all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Keep wifi on and locations off bluetooth off, LTE off. Reason I say keep wifi in is that your 3g has to ping the tower every now and then so it will use slightly more. But the biggest is setting screen brightness low. About 2 times a month I try to completely drain my battery and then fully charge it. This is just good for the battery, whether is calibrates it with the software is unproven.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
Turn auto brightness off, notifications for apps you don't use off and same for locations, bluetooth off, limit ad tracking ON. My battery life is good

iCollin

Banned
Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Keep wifi on and locations off bluetooth off, LTE off. Reason I say keep wifi in is that your 3g has to ping the tower every now and then so it will use slightly more. But the biggest is setting screen brightness low. About 2 times a month I try to completely drain my battery and then fully charge it. This is just good for the battery, whether is calibrates it with the software is unproven.

What does the limit ad tracking mean?

p2kart

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
The biggest thing for me is LTE off, bt doesn't use much power and its not worth turning off if you use it a lot ie headset or car. The other thing is making sure I completely close apps I'm not using..

agentmobile

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
What does the limit ad tracking mean?

Ad Tracking

iOS 6 introduces the Advertising Identifier, a non-permanent, non-personal, device identifier, that apps will use to give you more control over advertisers’ ability to use tracking methods. If you choose to limit ad tracking, apps are not permitted to use the Advertising Identifier to serve you targeted ads. In the future all apps will be required to use the Advertising Identifier. However, until then you may still receive targeted ads.

andykan

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I turn off mobile data whenever I'm home and survive on Wifi. This really helps me in conserving battery. Facing an issue though, Wifi seems to be turning off whenever my phone is in sleep mode.

p3t3rPan

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I turn off mobile data whenever I'm home and survive on Wifi. This really helps me in conserving battery. Facing an issue though, Wifi seems to be turning off whenever my phone is in sleep mode.

WiFi turns off after 30 minutes of inactivity to conserve battery

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

TaliZorah

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site

And Wifi will constantly have to be connected to Wifi while your cell chip is still talking to cell towers for service. This whole "Wifi on saves battery" is BS, it causes extra processing. And obviously leaving wifi on when you aren't anywhere near wifi causes HUGE battery drain because you phone is constantly searching for wifi that it doesn't have access to.

ALborntoride

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I usually close out any apps that i'm through with and completely drain my battery once a month.I leave my LTE and WiFi on and still only charge my phone up every other day.

mikells43

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
didnt you ever see when you wake your phone and look at the top and its in 3g. then switches over to wifi. or if you have the iphone 5 its in lte then switches over to wifi if your at home on your network. try it. mine does it all the time.

LocoStrange

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
To preserve battery life? As long as it lasts through an entire day, I am happy. Even with heavy usage, I have yet to see close to 30% in 24 hours so it is good enough for me

If anything, I am probably hurting the battery by charging it daily regardless of the current battery percentage.

p3t3rPan

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
didnt you ever see when you wake your phone and look at the top and its in 3g. then switches over to wifi. or if you have the iphone 5 its in lte then switches over to wifi if your at home on your network. try it. mine does it all the time.

Exactly

p3t3rPan

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site

You cannot calibrate a battery, only the software that reads it
Once a month is usually plenty.