Your Best Way To Save Battery...

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
And obviously leaving wifi on when you aren't anywhere near wifi causes HUGE battery drain because you phone is constantly searching for wifi that it doesn't have access to.

That is not 100% true i leave me wifi on where i go but i simply turn " ask to join networks " Off and i have great battery life all day and on heavy usage i come home with at least 30% and thats with my brightness at half

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
Not entirely. Apps that actively use the GPS receiver in the phone will cause the phone to consume battery resources at a faster rate than when those apps are closed.

Those apps finish there tasks and then go into a suspend state. So that puts us back to myth.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

walkerswilly

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I always turn off 3g unless needed and knock the brightness down a little, And i set mail etc to manual to stop the phone from keep trying to pull data all the time and draining the battery.
Suppose you could also turn off location services unless you need them but i would say the most important and the one that seems to have the most effect is turning down the brightness.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Those apps finish there tasks and then go into a suspend state. So that puts us back to myth.

Any app that uses the GPS even while supposedly in suspended state will cause the overall battery drain rate to be higher than if the apps are not running at all. Puts us back to not as much of a myth as you think it is.

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
It's experience.. Read the posted article too. If you are referring to leaving your Nav/Map on just because..... Then I can understand that. But I can figure out why anyone would use the GPS continuously and not had the device plugged in or turn it off when you are done.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

BTSee

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I've been getting about 48 hours on a charge with light to moderate use. That got cut alot when I signed into Gamecenter and started playing Letterpress a few days ago - down to about 28 hours. So I logged out of Gamecenter and now I'm 54 hours into a charge and only around 50% percent...albeit on very light use this weekend since I've been using an iPad for most functions.

So maybe try logging out of Gamecenter when not gaming.

Otherwise, I keep wifi on and only activate bluetooth when I'm in the car.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
What's your best way to preserve battery for the iPhone 5 when needed?
Mine would have to be to turn off Wifi/LTE (only when in 3G areas). I also turn off my Bluetooth but that's all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turn it off lol

:)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2