Apple care on the 5 worth it?

den124

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Im debating on getting the apple care+ for a 32gb iphone 5 i just got, just not sure if its worth it or not or should i go with insurance through verizon? Any suggestions

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I love apple care, $ 50 and you get a brand new ( not refurbished ) phone, 2 claims allowed. I use one even if I scratch the phone. I just tell apple the battery is no good and they swap out the phone no questions asked and it covers water damage

den124

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
yeah thats what i was leaning towards, the only thing it doesnt cover would be loss or theft but i have an my old i phone 4 as a back up which i hope to never have to use lol. The only thing that had me thinking though is it prob only makes sense for water damage because the front glass is alot easier to swap out which would prob be cheaper than the 50 deductible

mohawk apple

May 4, 2012
Visit site
i bought my iphone5 at best buy and they didn't offer me apple care,but they did offer me there warranty and i didn't take it. is it still possible to get the apple care some how?
thanks

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Im debating on getting the apple care+ for a 32gb iphone 5 i just got, just not sure if its worth it or not or should i go with insurance through verizon? Any suggestions

It's an insurance policy of sorts... and all insurance is about risk. Are you "accident prone"? Do you drop your phone often? There are many reasons why you may/may not want to purchase insurance, but as insurance policies go, AppleCare+ is the best, IMHO. If covers everything except lost/stolen devices... and the replacement deductible, as others have already said us $49 for a new device.

- - - Updated - - -

i bought my iphone5 at best buy and they didn't offer me apple care,but they did offer me there warranty and i didn't take it. is it still possible to get the apple care some how?
thanks

If you're within the first 30 days of purchase (release date was 9/24, so you may not be)... just make an appointment at an Apple Store Genius Bar for an inspection and yes, you can get it.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Not for me...but might be for you. It's hard to answer whether something is worth it to someone besides yourself. I've never bought Apple Care on my iPhone's, but if you're buying a Macbook, i HIGHLY recommend it.

Shulaw1999

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I didn't purchase the AppleCare+ when I bought my iPhone 5 online, but ran over to the Apple Store a few days after I received the phone to buy the protection. This is all because I believe in Karma and other forces of nature, and know damn well that because I bought the insurance, nothing will ever happen to my iPhone. If I didn't get the insurance, a mysterious wind will knock the iPhone right out of my hand into the crocodile pit at the zoo or something. But I digress.

Attachments

• earl.jpg
    earl.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 378

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I didn't purchase the AppleCare+ when I bought my iPhone 5 online, but ran over to the Apple Store a few days after I received the phone to buy the protection. This is all because I believe in Karma and other forces of nature, and know damn well that because I bought the insurance, nothing will ever happen to my iPhone. If I didn't get the insurance, a mysterious wind will knock the iPhone right out of my hand into the crocodile pit at the zoo or something. But I digress.

You know that losing your phone in a crocodile pit at the zoo won't be covered with AppleCare+ unless you retrieve the phone, right? Doesn't cover lost or stolen devices. But I assume that phones damaged by crocodile saliva/feces would be a covered occurrence, so long as you deliver the damaged phone to an Apple Store Genius Bar. :)

Shulaw1999

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
You know that losing your phone in a crocodile pit at the zoo won't be covered with AppleCare+ unless you retrieve the phone, right? Doesn't cover lost or stolen devices. But I assume that phones damaged by crocodile saliva/feces would be a covered occurrence, so long as you deliver the damaged phone to an Apple Store Genius Bar. :)

Oh, I'd jump in and gut that bad boy to get it back. It is an iPhone 5 after all. But that was my point. Because I went and added AppleCare+, the whole crocodile scenario won't happen. If I went without the insurance, then you'd see a news report about some insane guy in NJ attacking a crocodile for a phone.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Oh, I'd jump in and gut that bad boy to get it back. It is an iPhone 5 after all. But that was my point. Because I went and added AppleCare+, the whole crocodile scenario won't happen. If I went without the insurance, then you'd see a news report about some insane guy in NJ attacking a crocodile for a phone.

Yeah, I hear that... and thanks for a morning chuckle...

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
The closest apple store is about a 2 of 3 hour drive from where I live. Can I still use or get apple care?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Shulaw1999

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
The closest apple store is about a 2 of 3 hour drive from where I live. Can I still use or get apple care?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Not sure, but I think you need to go to the store to make it happen. Even though I only had the phone for 2 days, a Genius had to inspect the phone for damage, including pulling out the SIM card to make sure no water damage, etc. Just like when you get car insurance - they need to make sure you aren't trying to pull a fast one and trying to add insurance after the damage is already done.

mtavenger55

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm trusting myself. I currently have my black 32 GB iPhone 5 tucked in an Otterbox defender case. It has a screen protector on it because of that, is somewhat water resistant, & I know it won't get damaged if I drop it. I was very good with my old iPhone 4. Barely dropped it but it too was in an Otterbox defender case. When I took it out of it's case when I got the 5 there wasn't a scratch or dent on it.Those cases are very reliable so if you want your phone to be protected but not sure about Apple care I suggest an Otterbox case. You can get good deals on Amazon & I'm sure even better ones once Cyber Monday comes around.

Apple4ever2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
100$ for peace of mind.... I have mine in otterbox defender case but I still got it so I feel BulletProof!!.... It's transferable too. So it has a better resale value too.

paulek

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I called AppleCare on the phone to see if I could get AppleCare + since I bought the phone on eBay. They determined that it had originally been purchased less than 30 days ago so I was able to get coverage over the phone without having to take it to an Apple store for examination.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro