Days in counting

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Should I keep the iPhone 5? I'm not liking the battery life at all or is it because the battery isn't seasoned yet? Thoughts?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How many hours do you expect to get from it? Does the way you use your device coincides with the amount of battery life you expect to get? Do you spend a great deal of time on LTE? Have you at least tried to reset your device as new and retest your battery life?

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
I want 7 hours. There is no LTE in my area. I do charge my phone around 20% and after 100% I let it trickle for 10 minutes. I run it down once a month

Natemz

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
7 hours is easy on this phone. I'm on 9 hours usage right now. Don't understand why there are a handful of people that get bad battery life. Battery is one of the big selling points for me.

anon(3733516)

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Might be an issue with your device. I get 7 hours easy. My average is probably around 12.

You mentioned that there is no LTE in your area - have you turned LTE off in the settings? If it's on, it could be continuously searching for an LTE signal which DOES drain battery.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I want 7 hours. There is no LTE in my area. I do charge my phone around 20% and after 100% I let it trickle for 10 minutes. I run it down once a month

Like others have stated, you should be able to get 7 hours out of your device. I'm a heavy user and I get 12 with my 4S easily. Today, I'm going on 17 hours with moderate use. I would go through every phone setting as well as app option/preferences just in case you have a rogue app or an app that is using too much of the location services. I would also check on social networking apps that might be updating constantly behind the scenes. If all else fails, reset and restore as new via iTunes.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
7 hours easy even on LTE maybe it's a app or something else causing it because def sound like your phone has the issue not all of them

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
This is my second iPhone 5. A lot of people use their iPhone 5 differently. How people max out at 8 hours+ I don't really know.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox