Glass quality

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks EvoRC.

See people can be helpful instead of critical... Im the same way I always keep my phone safe within healthy/normal limits, and it still scratched .

I dont keep my phone in bubble wrap nor do I slide it on concrete. But I have noticed people complaining of scratches and I have scratches as well.

My original point was that exactly.. I am way more carful with this phone than I ever was with my 4, and my 4 never scratched once in a year and my 5 scratched within a week.

I dont see why my observation caused such an upheaval here, seems like people were just waiting to pounce on someone for mis phrasing something.

As for calling me out on fraud, what is this a moral clinic ? JEEZE !! Im sure im the only person who put in a claim for a scratched phone.... get a grip people.

I will chose my questions and their wording more carefully in the future as I see how testy people can be.

Go Tigers !!
Beating-a-dead-horse.gif

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
After a few days my iP5 had a light surface 'scratch' on what is probably the coating. Had been well taken care of and just in/out of a pocket. Didn't have these issues with a completely unprotected iPhone 4. Put a SGP protector on it and can't see it, so I'm good. I was bothered at first but this Ultra Clear is nice and can't see the scratch. :)

Shulaw1999

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Cocaine is a hell of a drug. Lol. High five dude.

Haahaaaa!!! Just trying to steer the convo away from the silliness. I keep my iphone 5 in an I case slider case and carry it in my pocket with a shocksock pouch. Now THAT'S babying it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 54

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I knew it would take a few days and a few less haters to have some correlation with the glass coating scratching..

See Sean.... there are other people who have recognized the 5s scratch a bit easier....

As far as getting a case or a screen protector... this is a sleek high priced high res product, I would never wrap it in chunk of rubber or compromise the retnia display with a case or screen protector..

I should not have to. My i4 had a much better screen... just sayin.... so please don't tell me to sell my 5 and go back to my 4 as this is not a very helpful nor an intelligent comment but seems to be the " go to " response if someone does not agree....

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I knew it would take a few days and a few less haters to have some correlation with the glass coating scratching..

See Sean.... there are other people who have recognized the 5s scratch a bit easier....

As far as getting a case or a screen protector... this is a sleek high priced high res product, I would never wrap it in chunk of rubber or compromise the retnia display with a case or screen protector..

I should not have to. My i4 had a much better screen... just sayin.... so please don't tell me to sell my 5 and go back to my 4 as this is not a very helpful nor an intelligent comment but seems to be the " go to " response if someone does not agree....

If you're not willing to put on a case or screen protector, then stop complaining. Or better yet, just take care of your device to begin with.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Or better yet, just take care of your device to begin with.
I'm not complaining about mine at all, but I did take care of it and still had a light scratch on the coating. Just went in and out of an empty pocket. Not sure where the scratch came from. Screen protector on it now and it's not visible, so I haven't lost any sleep over it ;)

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm not complaining about mine at all, but I did take care of it and still had a light scratch on the coating. Just went in and out of an empty pocket. Not sure where the scratch came from. Screen protector on it now and it's not visible, so I haven't lost any sleep over it ;)

The SGP are awesome huh? I'm loving mine, hardly can't tell it's there.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Almost 1,400 views...3-4 recognize. Good job.

I bet i could make a thread about finding a live giraffe in my iPhone 5 and find 3-4 people to say the same thing.

I love my scratch free screen. It's nice.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Look at it it under a light and you will at lease one hairline scratch. That's all that we are saying not an actual scratch on glass! The point here is that in my experience the 4 and 4s were not easily scratch on their coating after one year of use on each with no protector. I'm anal about hairline scratches and I've always inspect for them under a bright light. With my 5 I found one within a day!

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Sean and Droid I would like to thank you for being so welcoming and helpful, you guys are great, again Thanks for all your constructive comments.

I really look forward to working with you guys on the next problem/solution

You guys are team players.....

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Sean and Droid I would like to thank you for being so welcoming and helpful, you guys are great, again Thanks for all your constructive comments.

I really look forward to working with you guys on the next problem/solution

You guys are team players.....

Maybe if you dropped your attitude the thread would have taken a different course.

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I came on here asking a question, I got a witty/sarcastic response from Sean, telling me to change my phone handling habits, I was not asking for advice on how to handle my phone I was asking if they changed the screen because my 5 scratched so quickly.

Then you tell me to use a screen protector or stop complaining, thats constructive...

Sorry I called your boy an idiot, he had it coming with a comment like that.

Apple4ever2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I came on here asking a question, I got a witty/sarcastic response from Sean, telling me to change my phone handling habits, I was not asking for advice on how to handle my phone I was asking if they changed the screen because my 5 scratched so quickly.

Then you tell me to use a screen protector or stop complaining, thats constructive...

Sorry I called your boy an idiot, he had it coming with a comment like that.

Wah....Wah.....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal