Get Alarm Clocks to work when DO NOT DISTURB is set to "ON"

jakimo

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Get Alarm Clocks to work when DO NOT DISTURB is set to "ON"

There is not a single third party app that handles this issue perfectly outside of Sleep Cycle.

SC works evenly and exactly as set regardless of whether DND is on, iPhone is muted, iPhone is on home screen and locked, volume turned all the way down, etc etc. The developer responds to email within hours and implements great ideas all of the time..

Others developers always claim it's Apple's fault as to why they can't handle this, SC figured out how to do it! :)

The new craze is Rise, which doesn't cut through all I mentioned above.. leaving SC as the only reliable one in the App Store (their direct contender MotionX Sleep also does not have this reliability.)

PS - I joined this forum just to respond, as I'm always looking for new alarm clocks!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: Get Alarm Clocks to work when DO NOT DISTURB is set to "ON"

I use the native alarm clock app, never had a problem with the do not disturb feature...

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Do not use your phone as a primary alarm clock for the really important things in life. Seriously.

Absurd, I trust my several hundred dollar pocket computer over a $10 radio clock any day. They've failed me many times. My phones; any of them; zero.

OP - Why do you have your phone set to not disturb after you get up?

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Absurd, I trust my several hundred dollar pocket computer over a $10 radio clock any day. They've failed me many times. My phones; any of them; zero.

OP - Why do you have your phone set to not disturb after you get up?

I have never had an alarm clock fail me, a couple times I had user error and didn't set it correctly? ... Personally I use two alarms, my iPhone and a alarm clock I probably bought 10 years ago "starting to get dusty ;-)"

MacEmpSilValleyCA

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Do not use your phone as a primary alarm clock for the really important things in life. Seriously.

Ok, we will all be sure to listen to you "Mr. Negative". Funny, you seem to own our products though. How about sticking with the original question and trying to provide a positive answer and/or suggestion to the topic at hand. Instead of giving us all of your unessential opinionated "I just like to make people feel small" propaganda.
Too much time on your hands buddy. I will be sure to let my supervisor and colleagues know to remove the alarm clock feature at our next meeting for our finalization for our future ios software. Cause using our alarm clock feature for the "important things in life" seems meet your disapproval. Do Not Disturb the Apple Employee and his 32 years of experience. Seriously. Happy Holidays!!! P. S. "Don't forget to set your alarm clock on one of your two Apple Devices if not both, for the next time you decide to bash on a product you are promoting by owning two of them." - Seriously, Seriously. ;-)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Same. My alarm still goes off when DND is turned on. It also still goes off when the silent switch is on.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!
I believe it is because the protocol of the alarm in the idea of Apple is that if it is important enough to have an alarm set to go off then it should be heard and not silenced.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
The iPhone native clock app is rock solid best I ever had with five alarms and day repeats you can set it and forget it for week days weekends

DND scheduled is the way to go also that way you don't forget to turn it off like my cousin walking around for two days thinking the moon was the rotation lock

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2