Select All - Delete

Sammi Maon-Lovell

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Massie, thank you, thank you! I have a two mail accounts for testing purpose, sign-ups, or junk. Unable to delete all email messages has been driving me nuts! So thank yhou for sharing a workable workaround. Geez, Apple, could it have been a little more obvious.... LOL!

NOTE: Successfully took steps on my iPhone 5.

beechiegirl1953

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS HOW TO DELETE ALL INBOX E-MAILS AT ONE TIME ON IPHONE: Open Inbox. Cl. on EDIT. At bottom of screen, Cl. "Mark All" and then select "Mark as Read." Cl. EDIT again. Mark the first e-mail by selecting it. Then PRESS and HOLD the MOVE button at the bottom. While holding MOVE, UN-select the first e-mail. Then let go of MOVE button. If a windows comes up and ask where you want to move them, select TRASH. If not, when you release MOVE, all e-mails will automatically move to TRASH. Navigate to TRASH, cl. on it and it will empty. ALL E-MAILS SHOULD NOW BE GONE! Note: If you want to skip the selection window of telling the mail app where to move the e-mails, do this: Go to Settings. Select Mail, Contacts and Calendars. Select your e-mail account. Scroll to ADVANCED button. Under Move Discarded Messages Into, check "Deleted Mailbox." After this, whenever you release the MOVE button, they will all automatically move to Trash. I'm a newbie on the iPhone and boy was I upset about no Delete All button for my Inbox until I discovered this fix. TAKE NOTE APPLE! EVERYONE WANTS A DELETE ALL BUTTON!!!!!

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I think that it's isolated to Gmail only. When I tried to delete emails, instead of the trash icon it showed the archive icon and you had to tap and hold to get the delete option. After switching to Outlook and Yahoo. You can just go into an inbox and tap on edit. Then mark all and finally the trash button.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711