Is anyone else just not thrilled or impressed with the Five?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Nope. I believe the 5S will be introduced in March. Technology is moving way too fast for Apple to wait an entire year before releasing an updated iPhone. March would be a perfect time to introduce an S model of the 5, followed in October by a brand new iPhone 6.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I highly doubt there will be 2 new iPhones released within the next 12 months even with technology changes being what they are. I think devices like the iPhone and new iPad's are going to stay on the new Fall release schedule. Just my 2?...

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Paradocks

May 5, 2012
Visit site
I highly doubt there will be 2 new iPhones released within the next 12 months even with technology changes being what they are. I think devices like the iPhone and new iPad's are going to stay on the new Fall release schedule. Just my 2?...

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I don't know. Apple's release of the 4th generation iPad seven months after the iPad 3 just tells me that there are no longer any release schedules set in stone. Can Apple now afford to go a whole year without releasing an update to either the iPhone or iPad? I think a moderate update to the iPhone in March makes perfect sense, followed by a full blown restyled iPhone 6 in October. As like you, this is just my opinion.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Nope. I believe the 5S will be introduced in March. Technology is moving way too fast for Apple to wait an entire year before releasing an updated iPhone. March would be a perfect time to introduce an S model of the 5, followed in October by a brand new iPhone 6.

Not. A. Chance.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Nope....Not Gonna Happen... Carriers are not gonna take that Hit on Subsidizing for a 6 Month Window.... They pay more for iPhone than Crappy Disposable Android phones B4 people start with Droid examples... iPhone 5s will be out same time next fall....

Carriers have nothing to do with it at that point. Carriers subsidize phones over a 2 year contract, if people choose to upgrade more often they're either paying an ETF (therefore allowing the carriers to recoup their investment plus some) or paying full retail for the phone.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if you would have said the same thing two months ago if I had suggested that a 4th generation iPad would be introduced this year.

Sent from somewhere

Doesn't matter... Apple will NOT release a new iPhone until the summer/fall time frame... Write it down. In ink. Go ahead, use a Sharpie.

chadec

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm saving your post so I can show it to you when Apple releases the 5S in March. :p ;)

Sent from somewhere

While this could make sense to swap release time frames since the iPad is more likely to be a gift... I'm doubtful they'll bring the phone to March.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm saving your post so I can show it to you when Apple releases the 5S in March. :p ;)

Sent from somewhere

I'm not saving this post because when nothing is released in the spring, it'd be more awesome to let it just vanish away into oblivion...there will not be a new iPhone in the Spring.

Paradocks

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Bring it. I'll be here... but will you? :)

As long as I own an i-Device I'll be here. Still waiting for Apple to entice me to an iPhone, but not impressed enough right now to make the switch from Android. My (now outdated but still usable) iPad 3 will get me through on the tablet side for now.

Sent from somewhere

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Glass durability is not as good as the older models, Im sure "some" will disagree but I have noticed hairline scratches in the glass coating where on the i4 it never scratched.

Besides that the i5 is a great phone.

stinkballs

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I think if there were no mockups, no leaks, no 'WSJ' confirms this or that, I think the 5 would have had a much better reception. Most of us can admit we did look up articles on the 5 before it came out. Think back to the first iPad. No one knew what to expect. That keynote blew me away. The following years, and I blame leaks, the thrill has lessened on each Apple Announcement. I do admit the new iMacs and the 13inch Retina Macbook Pro blew me away.

Today, sh*t they're already predicting the iPhone 6 will have this and that. And its sad, when the product is released, a lot of us get disappointed about what we were 'expecting' and never got.

Anyway, yeah. Impressed with the Five. Fast, clear, calls sound much better. Sure theres some bugs with the OS but it still is a darn bad ass phone.

BHMartin

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure I agree with that statement..;)...I thought I was the coolest dude on the planet when I purchased my Motorola StarTac back in the day. Heck, I was so happy to the point of doing a couple of backflips, cartwheels and kip ups. :D and the novelty did not wear off in a couple of days and I felt the same way about the Blackberry 7290....;)

I still miss my StarTac. That was the baddest phone around. I also remember thinking how cool I was when I got my first car phone installed in my Honda Civic!

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, I decided to toss my 5 on eBay. I just wasn't that thrilled with it. So I am on my backup 4 for now, but I am going back to android. Not that I think the iPhone and iOS are junk, because I don't. But for ME and MY NEEDS, android suits me better at this time.

I will keep this 4 on my Verizon account and keep my unlimited data alive, but I plan to buy one of the new Google unlocked Nexus 4's and toss a Straight Talk sim in it and see if I like AT&T enough to give up my unlimited data.

Of course this is all contingent on the buyer of my iPhone o eBay paying me. As of yet, the winner has not paid....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351628031.942791.jpg

Sent from my tricked out Iphone!

Eric808

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't know. Apple's release of the 4th generation iPad seven months after the iPad 3 just tells me that there are no longer any release schedules set in stone. Can Apple now afford to go a whole year without releasing an update to either the iPhone or iPad? I think a moderate update to the iPhone in March makes perfect sense, followed by a full blown restyled iPhone 6 in October. As like you, this is just my opinion.

I see your point and yes technology is changing on a daily basis. This is just my opinion too...I believe that Apple wanted to replace the whole product line with the Lightning Connector because it's those little details that seperate Apple from the competitors. It would have been an unbalanced product line had the iPad not received the Lightning. And while doing this they tweaked the A6 chip and implemented it since the Lightning was being installed. Now that the whole iOS lineup has been updated I think Apple will revert back to their once a year productions. With the current reorganization of top management, I think this is a period where Apple can focus on internal issues.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods