Is anyone else just not thrilled or impressed with the Five?

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Please tell me we're not going to get into this adaptor horsesh*t again...

Only that apple, KNOWING that the vast majority of its loyal followers had multitudes of 30 pin accessories should have had the adapters ready on release day. That and they should have included one adapter with the phone.

snuffleupagus99

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
This being my first iphone, I absolutely love it. It's freaking awesome. Wish I'd gone with the 64gb instead of my 32gb, my buddy said his DOES cure cancer and save whales.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Only that apple, KNOWING that the vast majority of its loyal followers had multitudes of 30 pin accessories should have had the adapters ready on release day. That and they should have included one adapter with the phone.

We've danced this dance a hundred times already...are any of you simply going to get over it? I mean you're talking accessories that you can get for a couple of dollars...or, if you're feeling the itch, $30 from Apple.

Apple sells a phone that COULD break fairly easily after being dropped...i guess they SHOULD give a case with every phone to protect it "just in case".

They also only give one cord with the phone...i guess they SHOULD give 3-4 of them per iPhone in case you lose one, damage it or don't have it conveniently when you need it.

The iPhone also doesn't like water...Apple should provide a water proof bubble to put it in in the event of some kind of water encounter (pool, river, biblical flood).

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
We've danced this dance a hundred times already...are any of you simply going to get over it? I mean you're talking accessories that you can get for a couple of dollars...or, if you're feeling the itch, $30 from Apple.

Apple sells a phone that COULD break fairly easily after being dropped...i guess they SHOULD give a case with every phone to protect it "just in case".

They also only give one cord with the phone...i guess they SHOULD give 3-4 of them per iPhone in case you lose one, damage it or don't have it conveniently when you need it.

The iPhone also doesn't like water...Apple should provide a water proof bubble to put it in in the event of some kind of water encounter (pool, river, biblical flood).

So tell me Sean, were you born a jacka$$ or do you practice in front of the mirror every day?

;-p

michikade#AC

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Remember when mobile phones were charged by fairly standard AC adapters? I don't remember spares included with those phones, you had to get one separately. I also don't remember adapters being available when you purchased a different phone from the same manufacturer with a different charging port.

Should there have been adapters more easily available? Probably. But in all actuality I'm personally glad that Apple is offering adapters at all - strictly speaking, they didn't have to, they could have made all of us purchase different accessories and docks.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
To be honest, I would rather apple NOT have offered the adapters. Then the little guys would be free to make their knock offs. LOL

A few of you just don't get it. The 30 pin connector has been the staple of apple products since what, 2004 with the iPod? Their are millions of homes and cars with docks n ports for that 30 pin connector. Apple has taken advantage of that so that billions of apple products use that same connector.

Now they decide it is time for a change. I agree with the change. But they should have rewarded their customers that have been so loyal to that company with their hard earned dollars and tossed in an adapter that cost them only a few dollars. To say to the customer, "thank you for your years of loyalty!"

Instead they work tirelessly to shut down the people that are trying to bring us adapters at a cheaper price.

Go Apple!

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I hear ya and I agree. I have NEVER held on to a mobile phone even close to that long. Heck, if I weren't so content with my 4S, I would have already gotten rid of it by now. Having said that, my contentment will not last beyond the next iteration of the iPhone. That's a given...lol

I feel the same way, in this day and age my satisfaction for all things tech, or maybe just my mobile devices is incurable. He/she should be given an award for holding onto his 3g for so long

---------- Post Merged at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:39 PM ----------

Hahahahahaaa. Yup. iPhone 3G. Damn thing just kept working. Slow as molasses, but still working. Tough for me to justify the upgrade until now. I was going to hold out for the iPhone 7, but jumped the gun and pulled the trigger early. Now my new best friend is Siri. My wife thinks she is a snarky b*itch, but I enjoy her company.

Jumped the gun my friend you just assembled it you deserve this upgrade for holding out so long. Hell they should have sent you a free one... Lol and i think your wife's just jealous because you cuddle with siri at night while shes left in the cold with no covers

Shulaw1999

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I feel the same way, in this day and age my satisfaction for all things tech, or maybe just my mobile devices is incurable. He/she should be given an award for holding onto his 3g for so long

---------- Post Merged at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:39 PM ----------

Jumped the gun my friend you just assembled it you deserve this upgrade for holding out so long. Hell they should have sent you a free one... Lol and i think your wife's just jealous because you cuddle with siri at night while shes left in the cold with no covers

Unlike my wife, Siri understands why it was time to upgrade from the 3G. Wife's philosophy = upgrade not needed because if it ain't broke, why fix it. She is still carrying around a motorola Razr - First generation. I'm now going to ask Siri why I got married in the first place. Then I will ask Siri where I can find my lost manhood.

Still have my 3G - I bring it when I go running. Don't want to sweat up the nice new one. Figure the 911 function will still work in case of an emergency.

Betterist

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
It is the phone for people who care about the phone. I got a 5 and returned it so I could switch to Verizon. Now that I'm back on the 4S, yeah its heavier and the screen is not the perfect size. Folders are smaller. Other than that, no difference. Not worth an upgrade unless you're a fanboy. Definitely not worth an early upgrade. That said, I'm a fanboy. I missed the first iphone because I was a poor college student. I've had everyone since. That said, the iphone 5 is the first complete iphone. Its weaknesses aren't glaring. Wireless charging and NFC would be nice, but they aren't a necessity this year.

Rickcwilson

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Loving mine. Upgrades front 4 and I enjoy the features like Siri and better camera, but if I had a 4s I prob wouldn't see much reason to upgrade. I do enjoy the added screen space though...for apps that have actually been upgraded unlike this one

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

But Apple, knowing that your new phone used the lightning connector, and giving you a lightning cable, had to figure that was enough... shees... everybody's always got their hand out looking for something for nothing.

---------- Post Merged at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:44 PM ----------

So tell me Sean, were you born a jacka$$ or do you practice in front of the mirror every day?

;-p

If you think he's one... then you must think I'm one too... and there must be a lot of us around here... I think he's spot on on this one... no free lunch. You want something, PAY FOR IT. Shees...

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
The 30 pin was old technology, and was causing issues with my 4s.
It's like going from betamax to VHS. Embrace it before dvd's come out.

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I have paid for it. I bought two extra lightning cables at $19.97 each, plus tax. ( Verizon store price ). I just think that apple should have shown better appreciation (adapter in box with phone) and respect (at least have the dang things available when phone went on sale!!!!) for their loyal customers.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have paid for it. I bought two extra lightning cables at $19.97 each, plus tax. ( Verizon store price ). I just think that apple should have shown better appreciation (adapter in box with phone) and respect (at least have the dang things available when phone went on sale!!!!) for their loyal customers.

Well, it wasn't free, it wasn't included in the box, and it wasn't available at launch time. And yet, the sun still came up every day since the iPhone 5 launched... imagine that.

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I wonder what it feels like to have ones nose so far up Steve Job's rear end??? Hmmm , I guess I'll never know...

:p

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I wonder what it feels like to have ones nose so far up Steve Job's rear end??? Hmmm , I guess I'll never know...
:p

Now who's being a jack@$$? We're talking about a phone and an adapter. Nothing here worth getting all bent about... it is what it is... if you're unhappy, take your wallet out and vote for something else. There are hundreds of android phones... there are still iPhones with the 30 pin connectors available... there are even flip phones available... time to get over this one, man.

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
LOL. Did you not see the " :p ". I was just messing with you. Yes, we disagree. But like you said, it is what it is. We will not agree on this but I am not taking it personally.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2