Serious problem with rebound on my iPhone 5...anyone else experience this problem?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Today i took my iPhone 5 and threw it like a fast ball at the wall...it hit the wall and bounced off and landed about 4.7 feet (approx.) away from the wall.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of problem besides me?

Apple had better start figuring out how to fix this with a firmware update or something, 4.7 feet is enough to make me want to buy an Android phone and trash Apple for the rest of my life.

**EDIT!!!!!111!!!11!1!!1** - I threw it again, this time 4.8 feet...WTF Apple? How did this get past your checks and balances system? Apple is doomed...

We're doomed! - YouTube

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Today i took my iPhone 5 and threw it like a fast ball at the wall...it hit the wall and bounced off and landed about 4.7 feet (approx.) away from the wall.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of problem besides me?

Apple had better start figuring out how to fix this with a firmware update or something, 4.7 feet is enough to make me want to buy an Android phone and trash Apple for the rest of my life.

**EDIT!!!!!111!!!11!1!!1** - I threw it again, this time 4.8 feet...WTF Apple? How did this get past your checks and balances system? Apple is doomed...

Weak... I got 6.34 feet on my first attempt... I'll do better after I've practiced a few times...

Last edited:

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Hahahaha...that's hilarious!!!!

---------- Post Merged at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:29 PM ----------

Hahahaha...that's hilarious!!!!

anon(4706943)

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I can't believe you even put this out there with such a weak effort...I used a Louisville Slugger and got WAY more distance than that. So what you say? That means I deserve more in compensation for my mental anguish than you mister. Calling 800-BAD-PHON now...and switching to droid too...so there

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
You're doing it wrong; you're supposed to throw it against wooden panel walls, you know, the ones that were popular in the '70s or something. I managed to get 8.35 feet.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
FFS! I can't believe we have ANOTHER topic on this SAME subject! Please can you use the Search option to find all the other threads on this, it's not hard, damnit!?

For information, Apple have released a statement regarding this exact issue and they suggest gripping the phone tightly in the right hand (or left if you are a southpaw) and then flinging it OVERARM at an internal wall, rather than a concrete wall (less bounce). An internal wall maximises the bounce of the device and their benchmark tests (so called because if the phone leaves a mark on the bench when flung at it then it has passed the test) have all come back with the most appropriate way of hurling your phone.

Anything else is sheer tomfoolery and you are kidding yourselves.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
You have to wind up first and make sure it hits the corner exactly right with the most force to get the best rebound I got over 12 feet .. If it hits any other way you will get about 4 ....

I'm sure once a untethered jailbreak is out there will be a tweak to correct this along the lines of rebound for all .. That will redistribute the impact zone and shift the force at impact to auto correct to get the most distance.

Be patient they are going as fast as they can

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You know, this whole site is full of people who just think they are Nolan F'ing Ryan...and guess what, i think its pathetic, like all of you Apple fan boys, you think your phone is as top notch as cheesy mashed potatoes, but lion giraffe catamaran seahorse...

I'm about to jumbo jet bathing suit into this grassy french horn.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You know, this whole site is full of people who just think they are Nolan F'ing Ryan...and guess what, i think its pathetic, like all of you Apple fan boys, you think your phone is as top notch as cheesy mashed potatoes, but lion giraffe catamaran seahorse...

I'm about to jumbo jet bathing suit into this grassy french horn.
wut dafuq????

aside... iPad autocorrect knows "wut dafuq"... no correction offered :D

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
wut dafuq????

aside... iPad autocorrect knows "wut dafuq"... no correction offered :D

Would you please stay on topic...kk?

Every person just got a like and a thanks in this thread...and if the moderators want to try and do something about it, they are racists, because I'm giving back to the people. Like this guy!

malcolm-x29.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2