I have been reading a large number of posts about out of box iPhone 5's having nicks, scuffs, scratches, clicking sounds etc.

Is it really that bad? I am planning on getting mine next week. How many of you had yours "damaged" out of the box?
    10-18-2012 10:40 AM
    I was one of the unlucky ones that had swirl marks on the very bottom glass on the back. Apple has been INCREDIBLE in getting this fixed for me. They sent a replacement phone with no questions asked. However, it came with a huge chip out of the frame. So they let me send that back and sent another. This time it had some siginificant scratches on the frame. I contacted them again, and they offered for me to live with it for now and they will send me a new phone once they have them in stock. I wouldn't worry about getting one with issues. Apple's customer service is fantastic and they will make sure that you are happy. It has been a pain sending back phones, but I know I will be taken care of and they have been nothing short of insanely helpful.

---------- Post Merged at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:48 AM ----------

I was one of the unlucky ones that had swirl marks on the very bottom glass on the back. Apple has been INCREDIBLE in getting this fixed for me. They sent a replacement phone with no questions asked. However, it came with a huge chip out of the frame. So they let me send that back and sent another. This time it had some siginificant scratches on the frame. I contacted them again, and they offered for me to live with it for now and they will send me a new phone once they have them in stock. I wouldn't worry about getting one with issues. Apple's customer service is fantastic and they will make sure that you are happy. It has been a pain sending back phones, but I know I will be taken care of and they have been nothing short of insanely helpful.
    10-18-2012 10:48 AM
    It's not a widespread issue at this point. Apparently there were some issues at FoxConn with the initial production run, but Apple cracked down on the quality control issues, and it's definitely not a big deal or much of a risk of getting a bad unit.

That said, if you get a unit with nicks, scratches, etc, is can be maddeningly frustrating... but Apple will exchange it witha shiny, new, blemish-free version...

---------- Post Merged at 07:54 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:54 AM ----------

It's not a widespread issue at this point. Apparently there were some issues at FoxConn with the initial production run, but Apple cracked down on the quality control issues, and it's definitely not a big deal or much of a risk of getting a bad unit.

That said, if you get a unit with nicks, scratches, etc, is can be maddeningly frustrating... but Apple will exchange it witha shiny, new, blemish-free version...
    10-18-2012 10:54 AM
    If you're buying it at a store just be sure you open the box and inspect it while you're there with the person selling it to you.

---------- Post Merged at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:56 AM ----------

If you're buying it at a store just be sure you open the box and inspect it while you're there with the person selling it to you.
    10-18-2012 11:56 AM
    Mine had a 1/2" scratch on the bottom chamfered edge. I called Apple, they sent out a brand new one and gave me a return label for the damaged one. No questions, no pictures, no problems. And the new one was a brand new unit. Well done, Apple.

---------- Post Merged at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:02 PM ----------

Mine had a 1/2" scratch on the bottom chamfered edge. I called Apple, they sent out a brand new one and gave me a return label for the damaged one. No questions, no pictures, no problems. And the new one was a brand new unit. Well done, Apple.
    Fausty82 likes this.
    10-18-2012 02:02 PM
    16 gb black/slate.

Week 38.

Collected 13/10/12 from my local uk apple store.

No issues whatsoever.

---------- Post Merged at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:11 PM ----------

16 gb black/slate.

Week 38.

Collected 13/10/12 from my local uk apple store.

No issues whatsoever.
    10-18-2012 02:11 PM
    YAAR NO Problems if you make purchase of indiatelecom productions for example nokia 3210 on a sevel and a half year deal no problems in the box or even the box itself perfectly like nice
    10-18-2012 02:19 PM
    Didn't have any problems with mine but it's a very well known issue called scuffgate. Just make sure when you buy them from stores, to check it before taking it home.

---------- Post Merged at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:20 PM ----------

Didn't have any problems with mine but it's a very well known issue called scuffgate. Just make sure when you buy them from stores, to check it before taking it home.
    10-18-2012 02:20 PM
    I'd say no, but I'll be honest.
    I got my device later than others, being on Pacific Time and all, so I heard the horror stories of damaged iPhone 5's out of the box a few hours before my device arrived. When I opened the box, the first thing I did was inspect the device. The only thing I found, and I had to look really closely for it, was the tiniest knick on the edge of the Apple logo on the back. So I'd like to say no because it was such a minor imperfection, but if I'm being completely honest, yes.

---------- Post Merged at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:34 PM ----------

I'd say no, but I'll be honest.
    I got my device later than others, being on Pacific Time and all, so I heard the horror stories of damaged iPhone 5's out of the box a few hours before my device arrived. When I opened the box, the first thing I did was inspect the device. The only thing I found, and I had to look really closely for it, was the tiniest knick on the edge of the Apple logo on the back. So I'd like to say no because it was such a minor imperfection, but if I'm being completely honest, yes.
    10-18-2012 06:34 PM