iOS Devices and Macs

Eric808

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi iMore Family, I just got through watching the iMore show with Rene and Jim (The Loop). Another awesome episode!!! There was a segment during this cast that I thought was very interesting. It was a question if the Mac would eventually ever so quietly be removed from Apple as iOS devices are the new devices for the future. In the end the answer was no and I believe this to be true. I believe that we will always need a computer and mobile devices fill the gap and were created and designed as complementary devices to our computers. Just like how Apple has not killed the iPod classic, I can't see Apple killing the computer. It's the parents that gave birth to Apple. I do envision the iOS devices to evolve even more into what we call computers in today?s standards but that would mean the MacBooks, Minis, iMacs, and Pros will evolve as well. Maybe I'm completely wrong and please somebody correct me if I?m wrong. I would love to hear what you guy/gals think!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Never say "never". I agree that, as of now, computers (specifically laptop computers) are still necessary to a lot of people and businesses, however, with the growing popularity of cloud storage and its integration with smartphones & tablets, the days of computers (as we know them) are arguably numbered, in my opinion. Look at the desktop computer. I don't know when the last time I had a desktop computer. If I had to guess, I'd say close to 10 years. Why? Because my laptop is able to do what a desktop can and more. Another example is the home telephone. I haven't had a home telephone in at least 7 years. Why? My mobile phone is more practical. Besides, my wife and all but one of my kids have mobile phones so what need do we have of a home phone? Mind you, these are examples as they relate to me. Anyway, thank you for posting your comment and have a great night.

Eric808

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Never say "never". I agree that, as of now, computers (specifically laptop computers) are still necessary to a lot of people and businesses, however, with the growing popularity of cloud storage and its integration with smartphones & tablets, the days of computers (as we know them) are arguably numbered, in my opinion. Look at the desktop computer. I don't know when the last time I had a desktop computer. If I had to guess, I'd say close to 10 years. Why? Because my laptop is able to do what a desktop can and more. Another example is the home telephone. I haven't had a home telephone in at least 7 years. Why? My mobile phone is more practical. Besides, my wife and all but one of my kids have mobile phones so what need do we have of a home phone? Mind you, these are examples as they relate to me. Anyway, thank you for posting your comment and have a great night.

JustMe'D, I completely agree with you! After reading your opinion, I'm the exact same way. I can't remember the last time I've owned a desktop and I refuse to get a landline. Hope you have a great night as well!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods