Rattle during vibration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unity04

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I got my iPhone 5 last Friday, and I noticed while laying in bed that if I hold the phone so the screen is facing down towards me while laying on my back, and the camera is pointed towards my ceiling, whenever the phone vibrates it's followed by a slight rattle noise. It sounds like it's coming from the camera lens, and when I put the phone so the camera lens is facing down, I don't really hear the noise anymore... anyone else experiencing this? Is it normal or do I gotta get it replaced?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I got my iPhone 5 last Friday, and I noticed while laying in bed that if I hold the phone so the screen is facing down towards me while laying on my back, and the camera is pointed towards my ceiling, whenever the phone vibrates it's followed by a slight rattle noise. It sounds like it's coming from the camera lens, and when I put the phone so the camera lens is facing down, I don't really hear the noise anymore... anyone else experiencing this? Is it normal or do I gotta get it replaced?

It's the camera...and if I recall, it's a portion of the lens that moves so it can happen when shaking or with the vibration. I have it and it's ever so quiet, but it's there. Nothing unusual, but you'll likely experience the same or WORSE on another iPhone 5 if the Genius will even let you swap it out.

unity04

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
It's the camera...and if I recall, it's a portion of the lens that moves so it can happen when shaking or with the vibration. I have it and it's ever so quiet, but it's there. Nothing unusual, but you'll likely experience the same or WORSE on another iPhone 5 if the Genius will even let you swap it out.

I went into the Apple store today to try to see if the demo units had the same issue, but it was too loud for me to hear anything. The phone rattle sounds like the same noise when you tap on the back of the camera. I'm wondering if any community members here could try this experiment out and let me know the results:

First, make sure you're in a quiet room so that you can hear the rattle noise (I notice it now too while in the middle of a call and the vibration goes off). Hold the phone to your ear, the distance you would for a phone call, and make sure the back of the phone is facing your ear. Toggle the phone from loud to vibrate, and listen closely to see if you hear a rattle sound coming from the camera area once the vibration is done. If you don't hear it at first, try it a couple of more times just to re-confirm.

I'm debating whether or not to swap it out, but I want to try and pin point if it's a fault lens or build first.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2